JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need codes for URC 9962 - Thomson TV and Pioneer DVD HTiB
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scyeige

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:44 pm    Post subject: Need codes for URC 9962 - Thomson TV and Pioneer DVD HTiB Reply with quote

Hi folks,

I recently received a OneforAll Kameleon 8 (URC 9962). The thing is, I can setup my cable box in the remote (using General Instrument code), but seem to be unable to setup my TV and DVD/Home Theater in a Box in the remote. Sad
BTW, if it's of any importance... I live in Singapore (South East Asia).

Details are:
Television
1. Device: Thomson TV 29DK91S/29DM91S
2. Type of device: TV
3. JP1 Remote model: URC 9962)
4. JP1 user? No JP1 cable and not a user
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? Yes

DVD Home Theater in a Box
1. Device: Pioneer HTZ-323DVD (XV-DV323 DVD Receiver & S-DV323 Speaker System)
2. Type of device: DVD Home Theater
3. JP1 Remote model: URC 9962)
4. JP1 user? No JP1 cable and not a user
5. Still have original remote? Yes
6. Checked Yahoo file section? Yes

Can anybody out there help? Laughing

Or at least teach me how to setup using the JP1 thingy. Have been exploring in this forum and I really do not have a clue as to how to use this JP1 thingy. Have downloaded the apps (IR600, IRtoWav, RDF files, KM and RM files) - sorry, but this is very new to me and is giving me a mega headache... Mad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:03 am    Post subject: Re: Need codes for URC 9962 - Thomson TV and Pioneer DVD HTi Reply with quote

scyeige wrote:
Or at least teach me how to setup using the JP1 thingy. Have been exploring in this forum and I really do not have a clue as to how to use this JP1 thingy. Have downloaded the apps (IR600, IRtoWav, RDF files, KM and RM files) - sorry, but this is very new to me and is giving me a mega headache... Mad

Would it be safe to assume that you've visited the Beginners forum and have read the various "help" documents that are mentioned in the sticky threads? If not, you should do so.
scyeige

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I have... although I must say that there is a lot of help there, but I just can't seem to understand it. It's ok... I'll try getting help elsewhere.

Sorry to take up your time. Thanks anyway... Smile
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the best description of the JP1 process is here.

Get a JP1 cable and "dive in."
scyeige

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon... will try. Hope I don't kill my remote! Confused
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AFAIK, no one has ever killed their remote with JP1 Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

scyeige wrote:
Yes, I have... although I must say that there is a lot of help there, but I just can't seem to understand it. It's ok... I'll try getting help elsewhere.

Sorry to take up your time. Thanks anyway... Smile

Thank you for bringing such a positive attitude to this forum. I'm curious, where else do you think you'll be able to get help with JP1?

Please advise us how we could have helped you better?

You're basically saying that you've read all the help docs that we've written specifically for people like you but you don't understand them. OK, so what are we supposed to do with this information? Are you expecting us to just re-write all the docs in the hope that we'll do a better job and you'll understand them this time?

Do you think that a better approach might be to say exactly what you don't understand? I think my JP1 - How Easy Is It? doc is very easy to follow, and up until now it has proven to be so, but you're saying that it's not quite simple enough. Well OK, please try and tell me which part isn't clear? If you just say "well, all of it" then I'm afraid that I'm probably not going to be able to assist you any further.
scyeige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Don't mean to put you down or anything like that. You see, the part I don't get is in the KM Functions tab... and that's the guts of the whole thing, I have come to realise.

Ok, I do NOT have a JP1 cable. I have downloaded wav files meant for the URC 8060 and have imported it to IR, and in the IR device tab copied the functions. BUT, the EFC codes for that is 5 digits and from your guide and the one by Don Grovestine, I gathered that the EFC codes are only 3 digits... and it just means that I've been doing something wrong. I have tried it a few times though...

I hope this is specific enuff... Smile

On another note... I did call the support line (yes, long distance) and they did try to help by upgrading my remote. But somehow it didn't work, tried a few times too! Anyway, the guy was kind enuff to give me the codes that I need for my devices and told me to look it up on the internet.

The code for my Thomson TV is 0625
The code for my Pioneer HTiB is 1459/1965

If anyone has those codes in IR or Wav format, can you please give me a copy... Cheers.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have downloaded the codes that you need in URC-8060 wav file format, and have imported the wav files into IR, you should save the IR file in the Diagnosis Area so we can see the code itself.

I know enough info about the TV/0625 code to be able to re-create it in KM format, but I don't have any info on 1459 and 1965 codes. I'm guessing that they're DVD codes, but even that I'm not sure of.
scyeige

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

I have uploaded the file in the diagnosis area. The filename is PioneerAUDDVD.ir. Click here for the file.

Yes, you are right, the 1459 code is for AUDIO and 1965 is for DVD.

The file is saved for the URC 8060 and I have the URC 9962... so if I change the button to function mapping to suit the URC 9962 and save it as a wav, I should be able to update my remote with minimal hassles?

Cheers
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've forgotten whatever I might have read about the 9962. Does it have the same signature as a 9960? If not, how do we make .wav files for it?

Notice the .wav file I posted here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=797 for the NAK0NAK0 signature. It is a superset of TV/0625 based on the Thomson TV CCF files from RC.

If your 9962 accepts that .wav file, you should test it, both to find out whether your TV really is TV/0625 and to find out which of the extra functions work on your TV, what they do and what keys you'd prefer them on.

The rather arbitrary mapping I used in that .wav file (knowing so little about the 9960 and about that TV) was:

Play{PIP-Swap} ---> pip ch+
Rewind{PIP-On/Off} ---> pip on/off
Fwd{PIP-Size} ---> pip ch-
Input ---> AV
Guide ---> list (green)
OK{Surround} ---> OK
Last{Rand} ---> pref (setup, red)
Up{Front} ---> up arrow
Down{Rear} ---> down arrow
Left{Center} ---> left arrow
Right{Test} ---> right arrow
Exit ---> exit
Info ---> Info (yellow)
Menu ---> menu
Enter{Skip} ---> scan
Skipfwd{PIP-Move} ---> next (P-info, blue)
Skipback{PIP-Freeze} ---> teletext
Format{Replay} ---> ????
LiveTV{PIP-Main} ---> ??

So if the .wav loads, try each of those keys and see what they do and tell us (to make it easier for the next person) and decide what keys you prefer those functions on.

Meanwhile, the .ir you uploaded does tell us what those two Pioneer setup codes include. I could even figure it out from that myself, but Rob is already helping you and knows the Pioneer protocol varients better than I do.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-9962 is the Canadian model number for the URC-9960, so they are the same remote. However, there are 2 very different versions of the URC-9960 in circulation. KASAKAS0 is the sig for the newer B01 version of the remote, and NAK0NAK0 is the sig for the more common original version of the remote.

If I get a chance later I'll look at the IR file with a view to creating an upgrade file based on the data, but John, if you get time first, go right ahead. I claim no "ownership" of any threads just because I jump in first.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So before going too much further, scyeige needs to know whether his 9962 is NAK0NAK0 or KASAKAS0.

If there isn't a more direct way to find out, loading that .wav file for NAK0NAK0 TV/0625 would tell you.

I'll tell you if I start working on converting that Pioneer data, so we don't duplicate effort. But I'm not starting soon and still expect you'll get there first.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The newer versions of the URC-9960/9962 should have B01 printed after the model number (either on the battery cover or on the white sticker inside the battery compartment). The original "B00" version doesn't have a version number printed, it just says something like BJ8). I can't think of any other way that a non-JP1 user can tell which version they have.
scyeige

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, one nite and all this... Thanks guys!
Ok, like Rob said, the 9962 is the same as 9960. I am able to turn off the motion sensor, adjust the screen/pad light time out and brightness or the screen/pad. So I reckon it's a B01??? I understand that you cannot turn off the motion sensor in the older ones (B00)... In any case, I will go back and check the code in the battery compartment and will try the audio update when I get home tonite...

Can't wait! Thanks again guys...
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: