JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

HT-Pro (from X10.com) and Sony VisionTouch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruzer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I apologize for the thread hijack, but I need to know whether this remote from x10.com will work in my situation:

I have a Sony STR-DE805G (VisionTouch) receiver controlled by the RM-VR1 "Egg" remote. According to http://www.remotecentral.com/features/premotes.htm most universal remotes won't work with this receiver. However I read a posting from Mr. Cinema7 (posted July 2003):
Quote:

Recently, Universal Electronics has added the *G or VisionTouch receivers to their database. With any upgradable OFA or RS remote, you can call customer service and have the code (RCVR/1442) loaded into it. Also, their newer models should have the code built in.

Can anyone tell me whether this remote would have that code already installed? If not, would there be any support issue from Universal Electronics in getting the HT-PRO upgraded? What is the procedure to get the HT-PRO upgraded?

I should add that I currently have a RS 15-1994, but I was told that this was not upgradeable. Is that true?

Thanks for the help!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you don't already have the HT-PRO, it doesn't seem likely you can get one. I still hope mine will arrive, but I don't believe that.

Neither the HT-PRO nor the 15-1994 are supported by the customer support organisation that does the upgrades. That is a policy issue, not a technical issue. They are both technically able to be upgraded.

If we have the data for a VisionTouch upgrade, it is trivial to install via JP1 cable into a 15-1994 or an HT-PRO. I don't know whether we do.

In other cases, if we don't have the data we can create it ourselves based on learning the original signal. But VisionTouch is too high frequency, so we can't do that.

I just noticed there is a "Sony Egg" choice in our KM spreadsheet. I don't know for sure, but there is a good chance that is the "data" I was saying I didn't know whether we had or not, in which case we have it.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bruzer wrote:
I apologize for the thread hijack,

No problem, I un-hijacked you.

Bruzer wrote:
I have a Sony STR-DE805G (VisionTouch) receiver controlled by the RM-VR1 "Egg" remote. According to http://www.remotecentral.com/features/premotes.htm most universal remotes won't work with this receiver. However I read a posting from Mr. Cinema7 (posted July 2003):
Quote:

Recently, Universal Electronics has added the *G or VisionTouch receivers to their database. With any upgradable OFA or RS remote, you can call customer service and have the code (RCVR/1442) loaded into it. Also, their newer models should have the code built in.

Can anyone tell me whether this remote would have that code already installed? If not, would there be any support issue from Universal Electronics in getting the HT-PRO upgraded? What is the procedure to get the HT-PRO upgraded?

I should add that I currently have a RS 15-1994, but I was told that this was not upgradeable. Is that true?

Thanks for the help!

The 15-1994 is upgradeable using JP1, but OFA, RS and UEI customer service won't upgrade it for you. Same story with the HT-Pro.

We have the upgrade that you need in our file section: Sony_STRDA90ESG_Test2_Final.txt
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

UEI may not want to give customer service to HT-Pro owners, but that shouldn't stop you from using upgrade service, there are other phone #'s you can use, and just say you have the urc-9910.Smile
Bruzer

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for the information. It sounds like with JP1 and the file that Rob pointed to, I should be able to put something together that will work. I ordered the HT-PRO from x10.com. If that doesn't work out, I'll just stick with the 15-1994.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: