JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with 8810w, Airboard, and WMCE2005

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheBobman

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 11:11 pm    Post subject: Help with 8810w, Airboard, and WMCE2005 Reply with quote

I am cruizin' along with my programming, thanks to the intellectually gifted folk hereabouts. I am left with only one last hurdle(for now). My HTPC is operable via an airboard keyboard. It runs on WMCE2005. I now have my 8110 configured well for it(combination of WMCE remote and Airboard), excpt for this one glitch. When I start MCE, many times the arrows on the remote will not have any effect after the interface starts. Previously, my workaround was to "learn" the left mouse click from the Airboard, after which, all was well. I have found it necessary to upgrade to extender version 3.1, which worked beautifully, except I cannot learn or use learned functions anymore. So after reading on here about "make" and "break" commands, I created a macro that consisted of left click make and left click break. It seems to respond the way it is supposed to, but not with the same effect as the learned left click.

The info displayed when the left click is learned is as follows:

# Protocol Device OBC
#1 AirB2-BC44 23 4
#2 AirB4-3C.C4.5D.A5 7 4

The Macro used 171 for the make and 179 for the break.(Airboard protocol)

Ok....done rambling. Any help?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hex BC is decimal 188 and hex 3C is 60. So, the make command is 188 dec and the break command willl be 60.
TheBobman

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hmmm...no reaction at all with that. With the efc 179 171 settings, it would seem to mouse click, but the arrows still did not work. But with the learned mouse click, they do....odd.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Airboard upgrade should be set for OBC not EFC. Those decimal equivalents are OBC's not EFC's.
TheBobman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SHEESH!!! This is frustrating! Ok, so to recap, when I start WMCE2005 the arrows usually do not have any effect, basicall rendering the remote useless. If I left click on the Airboard, the arrows magically come back to life. Try as I might, I could not get this to work programatically. If I learn the left click, it works fine. But if I program the left click, it gives the appearance of working, i.e. the cursor shows up, a mouse click occurs, choosing "My TV" etc, but it does not re-enable the arrows. So...I went over to the green button forum, and found that others have an issue just pressed numlock twice, and all was well. So...I learned numlock, decoded the information, used those values. SIGH. While numlock did cycle on and off, it still did not re-enable the arrows. I know numlocks is cycling because the little light on the receiver said so, but no arrows. So it MUST be something elses in the send, as when I learn it, it works great. Can anyone help? what else is there? Here is what the Numlocks info is...

AirB2-89.71
Airb2-09.F1.5D.A5

Deciphering hex, I used OBC 137 for make and 009 for break.

Is there anything in the 5D.A5 part? Reaaly annoyed here...lol
TheBobman

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

YIPEEE!!!

it was indeed the 5d...i added a 093 (converted 5d) OBC and VIOLA!!!! I am OH SO HAPPY. Thanks for the guidance. Without the hint to translate the hex and use that a OBC, it would not have happened.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: