JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Completely dumfounded........
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:03 pm    Post subject: Completely dumfounded........ Reply with quote

My issue is I can't setup my Panasonic combo vcr/dvd. I've searched back and read several threads in which other posters have attempted to explain how to do it, but after 3 days I'm still completely lost.

I have the combo model - PV-D4752

From there I know that I can use either upgrade:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/Panasonic_PV-D4732.txt

or

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/DVD/Panasonic_PV-D4732.txt

Using RM 1.11 I have downloaded it to my 15-2117 (Extender3) but from there none of the assigned keys work.

I think I'm getting screwed up on the assigning of different protocols (there are three) for the 2 devices. If somone could point out my error, walk me throught it, or point out a thread that explains it in simple terms I would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RM, goto the Device Combiner tab, double-click on each of the 4 protocol entries that read "JVC-48", and select "Panasonic" instead. That will change the required Protocol Code to contain the proper fixed data bytes (you'll need to paste the new protocol code into IR).

I'm not sure why RM is selecting the JVC-48 prtotocol, but that seems to be the problem as far as I can tell.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll need to make note of and re-enter the device and sub-device numbers each time you change the protocol to Panasonic as well...
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We can't guess what went wrong,

Edit: While I was typing, it looks like Mark did figure out what went wrong, so only follow my advice here if his answer isn't enough.

so you should upload some of your files (preferably combined in a .zip) to the diagnosis folder (and post that URL back here).

We would need to get the .ir file of the extender together with those upgrades, as it was at the point you uploaded it into your remote for testing.

We might also need the .rmdu file you made while editing that upgrade.

We might also need some earlier .ir file you may have had with learned signals from the original device to verify that it really does fit that upgrade.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have converted the upgrade to use the "Panasonic MIX Combo" protocol instead, so see if this upgrades works any better. You can download the KM file from here.

Upgrade Code 0 = 1F AA (VCR/1962) Panasonic Combo PV-D4732 (KM v8.31)
1F 00 FE FE FA A1 BF FB F6 F2 FF 7F FF FF 67 E8
F7 E8 77 E8 B7 E8 37 E8 D7 E8 57 E8 97 E8 17 E8
E7 E8 FB E4 7B E4 B3 E4 D3 E8 53 E8 43 E8 AF E8
FF E8 BF E8 3F E8 EF E8 9F E8 FE D8 5E D8 9E D8
1E D8 EE D8 73 E4 7F E4 93 E8 BE D8 58 E8 FC E8
FD E8
End

Upgrade Protocol 0 = 01 1F (S3C8+) Panasonic MIX Combo (KM v8.31)
45 91 82 8B 12 8F 45 08 08 00 DA 00 C6 00 DA 02
7B 90 C9 06 D0 03 54 B0 C2 B0 C3 08 0C 90 C0 FB
07 87 43 03 97 42 03 2E 3E 37 25 05 37 37 02 8B
EC E6 10 04 E4 0B 07 E4 05 08 B4 06 08 B4 07 08
8D 01 46
End
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman the upgrade worked on an on/off/menu basis, but my problem remains my inability to correctly assign buttons their commands. For instance the up & down arrow buttons, in addition to the program and several other buttons don't work. They are probably incorrectly assigned and that's my rub

In an earlier thread

http://hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=319&highlight=0454

you had written:

Quote:

Panasonic VCRs use a mixture of codes with the following device codes:

144.0 (which is VCR/0162)
144.1 (which is VCR/0454) and
128.0 (which is TV/0250)

(Note: only some models have 128.0 buttons)

There are 3 combo codes installed in most remotes which combine all of the above:

VCR/1062
VCR/1162 and
VCR/1262

VCR/1162 is the one that works best for me, the only button that I had to add was TAPE SPEED, so I used a key move for that.

To re-create the VCR/1162 code in KM, you would select the "Panasonic VCR Combo" protocol. Then in the byte2 column, you would enter a 0, 1 or 2 to select the right device codes, as follows:

0 = 144.0
1 = 128.0
2 = 144.1

In short, or perhaps long by this point, using the upgrade I am unsure of how to assign commands line by line. For instance after installing the upgrade the Up arrow line read:

up arrow 183 2 1 176 bf 80

Per the advanced code grouping the device code for this is (0454), which according to what you wrote is 144.1. This is where I get completely lost. I just can't figure out what belongs where.

Last edited by Lurker1 on Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker1 wrote:
In short, or perhaps long by this point, using the upgrade I am unsure of how to assign commands line by line.

I have the arrow functions assigned to the arrow buttons, so if they don't work, it's not a question of button assignment, it's a question of "do you have the right codes?".

But to answer your question, let's assume that we do indeed have the right codes, but you simply want to move the buttons around. To do this, you would open up the upgrade using either KM or RM and make the adjustments there (see the relevant "JP1 - How Simple Is It?" doc for details), you wouldn't try to make the adjustments in IR.exe.

If the upgrade that I posted doesn't work properly, the implication is that your device uses a different collection of codes to that one. Therefore, I would suggest that you create a new upgrade from scratch. The first step along this path is to learn all the buttons from your original remote using the 15-2117. It was take several passes to get them all as the 15-2117 only has limited learning memory, but the process is simple and it's also described in the "JP1 - How Simple Is It?" docs.

Once you've gethered together all the codes, let us know how many different device codes and sub-device codes you found, then we can advise which would be the best protocol to use. Also, is it your intention to create one upgrade to work this combo, or do you think it would be a better idea to have seperate VCR and DVD upgrades?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So as not to clog up Lurkers' thread with the RM discussion, I have split that discussion of to it's own thread...

RM and the "device combiner"
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then I must have done something wrong because after I saved & loaded your your upgrade EVERY EFC is either 183 or 185 and every subdevice number is now 176.

Quote:
Also, is it your intention to create one upgrade to work this combo, or do you think it would be a better idea to have seperate VCR and DVD upgrades?

At this point I'll go with whatever simpler. I've done several upgrades on my own before but this one has me stumped.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker1 wrote:
EVERY EFC is either 183 or 185 and every subdevice number is now 176.
For some reason that hopefully Greg can explain, it looks like RM is having trouble opening and using the KM file that Rob created based on the Panasonic MIX Combo protocol.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker1 wrote:
Then I must have done something wrong because after I saved & loaded your your upgrade EVERY EFC is either 183 or 185 and every subdevice number is now 176.

You didn't do anything wrong. RM isn't importing this upgrade correctly.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's an RM file you can use: Panasonic DVD/VCR Combo PV-D4732.rmdu
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm probably not explaining myself correctly.

At a minimum what do I have to upload in order for someone to tell me what I'm doing wrong. Because I tried the upgrade and while it worked some buttons still don't work in their required mode.

I cross checked it using learning and as suspected it was correct. Obviously there's something basic that I'm not doing that won't allow the remote to function properly.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Upload your saved IR file to the Diagnosis Area
Lurker1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saved IR file has been uploaded to the diagnosis area. This is my first upload so I hope I uploaded it correctly.

Thank you so much for the help.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: