JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hifi-Remote.Com - JP1 remotes and cables for sale
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003 10:12 am    Post subject: Hifi-Remote.Com - JP1 remotes and cables for sale Reply with quote

This store is closed.

FAQs:
Q1: Is this list up to date?
A1: Yes it is, check the "last updated" line at the bottom of the post.
Q2. Has the URC-8910 already been modified for JP1?
A2: All of these remotes are ready for JP1 use. If it doesn't say "(mod)" next to the entry, it means the remote was JP1 ready out of the box.
Q3: Are these prices in US Dollars?
A3: Yes.
Q4. How much is shipping?
A4: See the "Shipping" section below.
Q5. How soon will the remote ship?
A5. I don't ship every day, but I try to catch up over the weekend.
Q6. I clicked on the USPS link in the Paypal email, but there's no info there, how come?
A6. Those links are for the USPS "delivery confirmation" service, so no info will appear until the package is delivered. It's not a tracking service. For international shipments, there will never be any info displayed (I don't know why).
Q7: Do the 8910/9910 remotes have the dreaded donut ring?
A7: No.

If you have any problems with your order, like if I send the wrong item or something doesn't work, please feel free to contact me directly (my paypal addresses are valid email addresses) and I will take care of it.

If you need a printed user manual, please mention this when placing your order. I will always include one if I have them available, but when I'm running low I may chose to only include them when asked. I have PDFs of all the manuals online here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/files/manuals/

JP1 Ready (EEPROM) Remotes:
URC-6960 (Kameleon) - $20 - 1 available

(MOD = added 2k EEPROM and/or 6-pin connector)

JP1.2 Ready (Flash) Remotes: (see note #1 below)
URC-8820 - $30 - 5 available
URC-6690 - $19 - 5 available

CABLES
JP1P - JP1 (EEPROM) Parallel Cable - $20 - 4 available
JP1S - JP1 (EEPROM) Serial Cable - $20 - 2 available
JP1X1 - JP1.1/2 (Flash) Serial Cable - $20 - sold out
JP1X3 - JP1.2/3 (Flash) Serial Cable - $20 - sold out

Serial-to-USB Adapter (for flash cables only) - $15 - 5 available

Please note the new postage rates!
Shipping Charges
In most cases, shipping for the US will be just $5, and $12.50 for international. Shipping to Canada & Mexico is $10.50.

I can usually combine between 2 and 4 remotes for the same $5 * domestic shipping rate, because I remove the remotes from their blister packs. How many remotes I can combine into the one box depends on the size of the remote. The URC-8910 is larger than the URC-6131 which is larger than the URC-8820. Postage rates are changing at the moment, so please ask in advance for combined rates, especially for international. If you wish to place a combined order and are unsure of the shipping, just drop me a line via PM or email: rob1 (at) hifi-remote (dot) com.

Due to it's size and weight, I can only ship one URC-9910 remote for $5 * rate.

* The $5 domestic rate equates to $10.50 for Canada & Mexico, and $12.50 for everywhere else.

Placing an order
To place an order, simply send me the money via paypal, mentioning in the Paypal transaction which remote(s) you are ordering. I accept all Payment methods, but my preferred payment method is a Paypal bank transfer, for which there's no extra charge. I do accept credit card payments through paypal, but there is an extra charge for this (see below) and you need to make sure that you use the correct paypal account. The "order total" amount is the total cost of the remotes, plus postage AND surcharge. (Note: the surcharge is slightly higher for non-US Paypal accounts).

I also accept orders by mail using personal checks, cash, postal and money orders. To do this, send me an email to rob1 (at) hifi-remote (dot) com stating which remotes you want, so I can hold them for you, and I'll send you my snail mail address.

Paypal CC surcharge for US accounts ONLY:
Code:
Order totals up to $35 = $1.50
Order totals up to $50 = $2.00
Order totals up to $70 = $2.50
Order totals up to $90 = $3.00
Order totals up to $105 = $3.50

Paypal CC surcharge for non-US accounts:
Code:
Order totals up to $30 = $1.50
Order totals up to $40 = $2.00
Order totals up to $55 = $2.50
Order totals up to $65 = $3.00
Order totals up to $80 = $3.50
Order totals up to $90 = $4.00
Order totals up to $105 = $4.50

bank (at) hifi-remote (dot) com is my standard Paypal account (no credit cards)
credit (at) hifi-remote (dot) com is my credit card enabled Paypal account (no bank transfers).

If you are new to paypal, this document describes how to send money using Paypal.

NOTE #1: JP1.x (Flash) remotes
JP1.x (Flash) remotes are NOT compatible with the traditional JP1 (EEPROM) cables. You will need a separate JP1.x (Flash) cable to program these remotes.

Last edited by The Robman on Sat Jan 23, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 345 times in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2004 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[edit]The green backlight URC-8811 remotes sold out a long time ago.

I have just received some URC-8811s with the popular GREEN backlighting. I also have a couple each of the older style URC-8910 and URC-9910 remotes.

I've also decided to offer the URC-6131 and URC-6011 in both modified an un-modified versions, for those that want to buy them cheaply and do the mod themselves.

Last edited by The Robman on Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:59 am; edited 1 time in total
mdwheaton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:25 am    Post subject: Buying URC-6131 remotes. Reply with quote

I am interested in buying 2 of the 6131 modified remotes, with JP1 cables.
What would be the price, plus shipping to Frisco, TX 75034 ?
Any discount for multiple remote purchase ?

Are you still selling these remotes ?

Is there a separate page where I can make a true "order", or do you handle this via email only (and what email address can I send questions directly to).

Thank you in advance.

Regards
mdwheaton
mdwheaton

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 2:30 am    Post subject: Email address for answer to ordering questions. Reply with quote

BTW, my email address is

mdwheaton AT comcast DOT net

Thank you,
mdwheaton
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Mar 30, 2004 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated in the opening post, the price for the URC-6131s is currently $23 each and the cables are $15 each, so 2 cables plus 2 remotes would be $76. The total postage for these would be $4 for Priority Mail.

When you order multiple remotes you get to save on postage. If you were to order 5 or more remotes I could give you my "bulk order" rate, email me for more info.

You can use either of the email addresses listed in the first post to contact me (minus the "_" symbols), or you can use the email link on my web site or you can use the PM button in any of my posts. I'm really not that difficult to get ahold of.
aperry

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note to publicly thank Rob for the quick turnaround and frequent updates in the purchase I made (bought a modified URC-6131 and it works great).
jprr

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 11:44 am    Post subject: URC9910 Reply with quote

Rob, I would rather buy these remotes from you than anyone else as you and your counterparts have done a hell of a lot in educating us with JP1 programming.

On the URC9910:

1st : it IS the one with the RF remote unit right ? Your picture didnt reflect it.

2nd: did u mean (in one of your posts - http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=284&highlight=urc9910) that the "modified URC-8910s with RF pucks and command centers from some old Producer 8"
will exactly mimic the 9910 WITH RF feature ?
If so , how much will it cost, if you went ahead with it ?
Bucky

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 2:43 pm    Post subject: Rob's Remotes Reply with quote

Rob,

Do you have any plans to make any more modified 9960's (with the JP1 installed) available for sale?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Apr 29, 2004 7:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Rob's Remotes Reply with quote

Bucky wrote:
Rob, Do you have any plans to make any more modified 9960's (with the JP1 installed) available for sale?

Not really. The demand for the Kameleon is very slow, and the ebay price for them has falled through the floor, so there's just no margin in it.

If you want one, I can ask OFA to include one of them in my next order.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2004 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update: I now have one Kameleon available and also an RCU810.
Lastwachter

PostPosted: Wed May 26, 2004 12:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

quick question...s

First what is modified about the Kamelon?

Second if I were to purchase say a 8910 whats the full package I can get...any mods that can be done to it...say for keeping from loosing the memory if the battery is gone or anything else? So I need the remote, cable, what else? I have nothing as far as JP1 goes.

Also whats the difference and use of the RF thing that the 9910 comes with?

Sorry for all the questions.
valery

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I am from Italy. Have you a 8910 with Jp1 cable? Is it compatible with Italian devices?
Thank You very much for answer.
P.S. Can You tell me total expenses, with delivery?
afaa

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For Rob,
Just a thought here. But how about programming service for those remotes as well. What I mean is for people to list their equipments by brand etc and you program them and ship them. Off-course you're going to charge labor and such but its still a much better deal than buying the Harmony remotes and then have to do it all yourself.

I consider myself fairly technical but I'm having a hard time learning and doing all the programming. I've been catching the JP1 revolution off and on for about a year now and still strugling.

The programing service would really be great for those who don't want to learn and/or having a difficult time.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, but how much would you (or any other typical user) be willing to pay, and how much post-support would you want?

Let's say the user has a typical 6 or 7 device setup. I would have to potentially create 6 or 7 upgrades from scratch, and even if there are upgrades available, I would have to consult with the user as to what functions they want on which buttons.

Then they would probably have a list of macros and other custom programming that they would want.

Then after sending them a remote, invariably a few things won't work right, so they'll want me to fix it.

All in all a single remote could take several days of my time, so you'd be looking at a total cost running into several hundred dollars. Even though people pay way more than that to have experts program their Prontos for them, I just don't see anyone being willing to spend that much to program a $20 remote.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

afaa wrote:
its still a much better deal than buying the Harmony remotes and then have to do it all yourself

As far as I'm concerned, doing it myself is much more satisfying than having somebody else do it for me. Maybe it's that man-over-machine complex I have... Surprised

Plus, personal preference is a BIG part of the JP1 process. Only you can decide whether something works the way you want it to, etc. I've programmed a few remotes for friends and family, and they've almost all (except for my 75 yr old mother) become JP1 users so that they can fine tune things as needs arise.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 1 of 42

Jump to: