JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hifi-Remote.Com - JP1 remotes and cables for sale
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob's been on vacation this week. I think he'll be back today or tomorrow.
kenyee

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:54 pm    Post subject: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

Hi Rob,

Do you sell these w/ the JP1 header yet? (I know, the IR program hasn't been modified to work w/ it yet, but it will eventually have to since it sounds like OFA has changed the protocol of how you read/write their new remotes Smile

And do you sell the USB JP1 cable?

thanks,

ken
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 5:23 pm    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

kenyee wrote:
OFA has changed the protocol of how you read/write their new remotes

Actually, it's just a minor change to the format of the data stored in the EEPROM that IR cannot handle yet. The old/current remotes used x00 as an end-of-data marker while the new ones use xFF.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

kenyee wrote:
Hi Rob, Do you sell these w/ the JP1 header yet?

Hi Ken, I don't know which remote you are referring to, but regardless, all of the remotes that I sell either come with the JP1 parts pre-installed, or I install them. If you are referring to the URC-9960 Kameleon, I did get a batch of almost a dozen of them recently but they have already been sold. I am in the process of trying to get another batch, which I hope to have before the end of the month.

kenyee wrote:
(I know, the IR program hasn't been modified to work w/ it yet, but it will eventually have to since it sounds like OFA has changed the protocol of how you read/write their new remotes Smile

Again, if you are talking about the Kameleon, all that's changed is the format they use for some of the data (most noteably being the format of keymoves and macros), the communication protocol is still the same for this remote. So, IR can talk to the new kameleon, it just doesn't understand the format of the keymoves and macros.

If you are talking about the new flash remotes (like the ones that Comcast cable are using), then that's a completely different story. They haven't changed the protocol, they've changed the chip itself. In the traditional remotes, they use an MCU & EEPROM combination, in the new remotes thy use a single flash-able MCU chip. UEI had to build a completely new loader box for their people (I know because I've seen it), so for us to support these new remotes we will not only need new software, but most likely we'll need new interface cables too.

kenyee wrote:
(And do you sell the USB JP1 cable?

I just carry the regular "Simple" interface cables. I do this basically to offer one stop shopping to people buying remotes. If you need the more fancy cables, you should get them directly from one of the 2 JP1 vendors.
kenyee

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If you are referring to the URC-9960 Kameleon

Yep. Was wondering if you could get the B01 version and do the JP1 header to it. What I'd really love is a hack so it uses AA batteries instead of AAA batteries to give it more battery life, but the shape would have to be different Sad

I'll check in periodically to see when you get the 9960 in stock. Prices have dropped on it so it's more reasonable to try now Smile

ken
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 05, 2004 11:19 pm    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

kenyee wrote:
Yep. Was wondering if you could get the B01 version and do the JP1 header to it.
What is your attraction to the B01 version? From a JP1 point of view, the B01 version isn't as good as the B00 because our tools aren't ready for it yet. Granted, they are putting a 4k EEPROM chip in it, compared to the 2k chip used in the B00, but it wouldn't be too hard to replace the 2k chip in a B00 version.

As for the battery issue, I think the only way to use any model of Kameleon remote is to use re-chargeable batteries.
kenyee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 6:34 am    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
What is your attraction to the B01 version?

The extra storage space for macros from the bigger flash chip Smile
I think OFA tweaked the light up time so it uses less batteries too.

Planning to use NiMH rechargeables, but if my experience w/ FRS radios is any indicator, the AA batteries last a *lot* longer than AAA batteries...

ken
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

kenyee wrote:
The Robman wrote:
What is your attraction to the B01 version?

The extra storage space for macros from the bigger flash chip

Well, as I explained earlier, remotes with "flash" chips are definitely NOT supported by JP1, but fortunately for you, neither of the versions of the Kameleon have flash chips, they both have regular EEPROM chips.

If it's just more memory that you're looking for, I might consider modding one of the Kameleons that I get to use an 8k chip, as I still have a couple of those lying around somewhere.
kenyee

PostPosted: Mon Sep 06, 2004 7:30 pm    Post subject: Re: any B01 version of 9960 yet? Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
If it's just more memory that you're looking for, I might consider modding one of the Kameleons that I get to use an 8k chip

That would be cool. Would still like a B01 model though (hoping that the quicker shutoff time helps battery life)...

ken
Paula

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 7:50 pm    Post subject: Garage Sale? Reply with quote

I note that your post listing remotes for sale is from 2003 but - hey -- I am getting desperate.

I'd like to find a working UEIC/One-For-All URC-7801 remote. I have just one. Love it. But it is lonely. Very, very lonely. Sometimes I hear it sobbing quietly, it is so lonesome.

Have a heart. Help me find my remote a friend.

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2004 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: Garage Sale? Reply with quote

Paula wrote:
I note that your post listing remotes for sale is from 2003 but - hey -- I am getting desperate.

Yeah but did you see the bit at the top that says I update it all the time? And if you look at the very bottom of the post you'll see that I have indeed updated it in the last day or so.

The good news is that i have plenty of URC-7800 "Cinema 7" remotes available. If I recall, the 7801 version was silver in color, is that correct? I have the classic 7800 model which is black.
Morphx2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What state are you in? So if I order, I will know how long it should take
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Morphx2 wrote:
What state are you in?
It's right there under his name (on the left). Surprised

He's from the land of Lincoln, in the city made famous by the Blues Brothers! 8)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 9:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My tux didn't come back from the cleaners, an old friend came in from out of town, there was a fire, IT'S NOT MY FAULT !!!!

To answer your question, 2 or 3 days, but of course, you didn't mention what state YOU are in! Smile
Morphx2

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2004 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ooops

I am in the southern most part of the USA. Miami, Florida Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 40, 41, 42  Next
Page 3 of 42

Jump to: