JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic 'combo' protocol for SC-HT810V HT system?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wbrells wrote:
I could use the non-combo "Panasonic" protocol. Could the "Panasonic Combo" also be used in this case, even if it is not essential?

Sure you can use the combo protocol where the non-combo would be enough. The combo would create an upgrade that's twice as big as the same upgrade created by the non-combo.

I expect you have upgrade memory available for more than three big upgrades. So one philosophy says: Don't worry about eeprom space until it runs out. If worrying about space before you need to would distract you from building the behavior you want from the remote, then definitely set those worries aside until later (or maybe never).

I have been writing computer programs in less space than they ought to need for over 30 years. I do that automatically without it distracting from other aspects of the problem. I wrote extenders that way (where that really matters). I configured my own JP1 remotes that way (where it didn't matter, because there's normally plenty of space left).
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 22, 2005 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the Eject button when in VCR mode?
I was surprised that you have an eject button but don't list the Panasonic VCR Eject command.
Panasonic VCRs generally resond to the Eject command 144.0:1 whether or not their remote has an eject button.

I always use the remote's eject function (shift-Stop in the 15-2104 for each of my five VCRs) to make the tape stick out of the VCR as a reminder of its status (ready to be returned to the blank drawer for reuse) when I'm too lazy after watching a tape to go put it away. Otherwise I'd forget and later see a tape in the VCR and not remember whether I'd just recoded it or half watched it or what.

Another common Panasonic VCR command that's missing from most of their remotes (but works on most of the VCRs anyway) is 144.5:43. That is the more informative of two different functions for telling you (on screen) the VCR's current esimate of physical tape position. (The physical position is relative to the true start of tape regardless of whether the tape was rewound when inserted and regardless of where the counter was zeroed).
wbrells

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,

FYI, I just discovered that I left out the tray Open/Close/Eject command for the VCR mode.

VCR Code for OP/CL/EJ button:

Device: 144
Sub-device: 0
OBC: 1
Hex Cmd: 7F
EFC: 185

I'll get back to this forum after I've developed a few more of my HT810 "upgrades".

Wayne
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wayne, thank you very much for the descriptions of functions Smile
wbrells

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 9:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Folks,

I'm currently trying (please see my other message thread) to get the LKP/DKP/DSM Special Protocol working so I can better integrate the TV/VCR/DVD/Tuner functions of my 810V system. I don't really need any additional functionality, so I'm trying to get the above protocols to work on a NON-EXTENDED 8810w remote. I'll keep you posted...

Wayne
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand that you don't need the additional function of the extender, but it may turn out that the fastest, simplest way to get what you want is to just bite the bullet and install the extender. It isn't all that complicated.

BTW, when referring to threads and files, it is common courtesy to post a link so that anyone that wants to help you doesn't have to go searching, they just click on the links you provide.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
Jay-Jay

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine wrote:

Another common Panasonic VCR command that's missing from most of their remotes (but works on most of the VCRs anyway) is 144.5:43. That is the more informative of two different functions for telling you (on screen) the VCR's current esimate of physical tape position. (The physical position is relative to the true start of tape regardless of whether the tape was rewound when inserted and regardless of where the counter was zeroed).

What's the EFC for that 144.5:43?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Jay-Jay. EFC's are specific to the executor. We'd need to know what setup-code your using so we could find out which executor it uses, so we could use our tools to calculate the EFC. I seem to remember that you are using a URC-6130n with no cable. This remote doesn't support 5 digit EFC's so we can't get you into a 5 digit code for a combo. As pointed out before there isn't a straight 144.5 code built in, so we get you a 3 digit EFC. To get the 6131n to work with a cable the remote needs to be soldered with parts and you'd need to buy a cable. I think if this were me, I'd pop for the new UEI remote and one that's JP1 ready. There are a couple of remotes available, the 8820N looks very much like the 6131n, but it has learning, and is JP1.2 ready out of the box. It also takes 5 digit EFC's so you wouldn't be up against the wall here. Also this urc-8820n remote doesn't require any modifications to work with a cable.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: