JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Has anyone gotten their HTPro remote from X10.com yet?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bob_m

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 12:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its funny that the Remote says HT-pro but the back of the RF base still says One For All Smile

Anyone know what the HTPro version USE to cost full retail at a "pro" store? Just curious. I know BB sells the 9910 for $60.

If the HTpro model is on clearance everywhere is that a possible sign of a NEWER model over the horizon?
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ordered 3 on Saturday, never received a comfirmation email, but the remotes showed up today.Smile

whats funny about this remote, if you call the phone # in the manual, you instantly get a message saying this remote doesn't come with customer service?

Surf remotes has drop their $50 price, which they claim the HT-pro was a premium version of 9910 so they charged $5 more, to $18.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Feb 23, 2005 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:

whats funny about this remote, if you call the phone # in the manual, you instantly get a message saying this remote doesn't come with customer service?

That's to be expected when the original designer/manufacturer makes a deal with some company who will rebrand the product and the low unit price of that deal reflects the agreement that the rebranding company, not the manufacturer, takes all responsibility for customer service. Further assume units get dropped out of that deal (surplus etc.) so they would hit some vendor such as X10 without having a rebranding company standing behind it either.

It would be unfair to expect UEIC to stand behind that product in retail when they sold it wholesale with the specific agreement that they wouldn't provide customer support.

Anyway, you generally get better support here than from OFA customer support.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2005 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still don't have mine. Sad I have a really hard time reaching anyone at X10. It took me 3 days to get through to the order support phone line, during which time I filled out 3 online order support requests. I finally talked to someone on Friday, Feb 25th, who promised to make another shipment since mine had by then been returned to the fullfilment center. Of course I don't have an order number or tracking number for that.

I finally got an apologetic email response to my online order support request tonight (a full 10 calendar days after the first one I filled out!), suggesting that I provide an alternate delivery address!
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've gotton through to their phone support twice, with great difficulty. They seem to have ignored my online order support requests.

The first time I talked to phone support he said I would be emailed a new tracking number around Feb 28 and get the package around Mar 2. Yesterday I talked to phone support, and he said no action had been taken the first time and he needed to talk to the perso I spoke to the first time and he would make sure I got an email explanation and status by the end of the day. (I didn't of course).

I have gotten email ad's from them several times a day since the problem started.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry you guys are having such problems getting your shipment. The problem with mine was that the full address was truncated on the printed label, changing "apt #503" to "apt #50". Since this is a 15 floor condo building, I can see why the delivery person couldn't deliver it. My first call to FedEx didn't have any results, but my second call I found out that even though the label was printed wrong, the address was correct in their computer. Why they couldn't get it to me the next day I don't know. But I was driving about 30 miles to the airport the next day and was passing within 2.5 miles of the FedEx office. So, I asked them to hold it and I picked it up myself.

I think the X10 shipping department should have caught and fixed the problem before it shipped. I think FedEx could have done a better job of finding me, but it all ended well. I hope you get your orders soon.

I have dealt with X10 before - and I am not proud of that fact. The only time I had a problem was when one part of my order arrived DOA. I called them and the shipped a replacement with no questions asked, so in that case I was happy with their support. That was at least 3 years ago, so it sounds like their support has gone downhill since then.
JCTerrier

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think the X10 shipping department should have caught and fixed the problem before it shipped. I think FedEx could have done a better job of finding me, but it all ended well. I hope you get your orders soon.

X-10 has many flaws but you cannot blame them on this one as they don't handle the shipping themselves for these items.

I live in Canada and normally, I receive their stuff from Mississauga, Ontario. This time, my order was screened and they contacted me to warn me about cost for custom clearance etc as shipping was handled directly by the vendor, from the US. I told them to ship USPS as this avoids the $40 or so that UPS charges for each shipment just for e-mailing the truck's manifest to Canada Customs.

Often, postal authorities in Canada do not charge duty or taxes and when they do the clearance charge is a flat $5. Worth waiting a few days longer.

JCT
GLT

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 3:56 pm    Post subject: Doesn't look good... Reply with quote

Just called X-10 customer support (3:30 EST Thursday) - 7 minute wait- and then a nice person who said...

"The remotes you ordered are on backorder aand we don't have an estimated time they will be received. I'll send an email to shiipping to have them send you an email about when you can expect them."

Again these are the remotes I ordered last Friday and they showed in stock then on the web (and still do) plus I called and they said in stock then as well.

Personally, I've been pretty happy w/ X-10 and sort of expected this.

GLT
drb

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also ordered one of these remotes along with aIR543 mini-controller. I got the mini-controller today but the invoice does not show the HT-Pro as being BO. For the price of the remote I don't mind bad service but the invoice is for the full amount and doesn't mention anything at all about the remote being B/O or when it will [if at all] ship.

I guess the biggest reasons I have sour grapes is because I missed out on such a good deal.

DRB
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am beginning to feel a little less depressed about jumping on the $25 including shipping at Tweeters when it first showed up. Rolling Eyes Laughing
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 3:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I am beginning to feel a little less depressed about jumping on the $25 including shipping at Tweeters when it first showed up. Rolling Eyes Laughing

Just to make you feel a little less smug Wink I ordered two of the HTPros from x10 about ten days ago, and received them within a week for a total of about $21 - and this was to an FPO shipping address overseas - NO PROBLEM. So I guess I should have bought 7, got the free shipping, and now be re-selling them on eBay Twisted Evil
dmhines

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Re: Doesn't look good... Reply with quote

GLT wrote:
Just called X-10 customer support (3:30 EST Thursday) - 7 minute wait- and then a nice person who said...

"The remotes you ordered are on backorder aand we don't have an estimated time they will be received. I'll send an email to shiipping to have them send you an email about when you can expect them."

Again these are the remotes I ordered last Friday and they showed in stock then on the web (and still do) plus I called and they said in stock then as well.

Personally, I've been pretty happy w/ X-10 and sort of expected this.

GLT

I got the same song & dance from X-10 two days ago except that I was on hold for almost 30min. Funny thing is, even after they told me they were backordered, I had a FedEx "attempted delivery" notice when I got home from work yesterday. I suspect that's my remote so I signed the form and left it on the door knob. I'm hoping I'll have a new toy to play with this weekend!
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a disappointing conversation with Discover Card this morning about X10 and an annoying email from X10.

1) Discover put the charge into dispute so I have a "temporary credit" with Discover. Of course the temporary credit will be removed (so I owe the money again) if X10 shows Discover that they delivered the merchandise. BUT Discover said they must also remove the temporary credit if X10 decides they won't deliver the merchandise and gives me a "store credit" instead, meaning I have to buy something else from X10 rather than get my money back for their failure to deliver. I'm not willing to leave it that way. I have no idea what X10 will do (they might not be that nasty) so this might not become the big fight it seems aimed toward. I hate getting cheated and I'll cancel my Discover card and let them try to mess up my credit rating over that $56 before I'll let them cheat me.

2) X10 sends multiple ad's every day (since I gave them an email address for them to send the tracking number to). Today the second X10 email was from "X10 Order Processing" with a subject of "Imporatant Message From X10 About Your Recent Order" and even that turned out to be just another ad with nothing in it about my order.
GLT

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

johnsfine,

I would be surprised if X-10 did not refund your money if your order is not delivered. I have dealt with them for years and have never heard of them issuing a store credit. You should be able to unsuscribe from the ads but I have heard different things about doing that. I personally like them because you can get some great buys - usually at the end of a calander quarter.

dmhines,

So was that fed-ex shipment your remotes? That would give me some hope.

X-10 sent me this letter yesterday:

Greetings from X10.Com.

Please accept my apologies for the belated response. In researching inventory on the Universal URC-9811B00 Home Theater LCD Remote Control, I found that this item is currently on backorder with our supplier. We do not have an estimated time of arrival, but please know that we are attempting to obtain more from a different third-party vendor.

Keep in mind that you have the option of leaving your order as it is until we receive inventory, or you can request that this item be canceled. Please let me know how you would like to proceed.

Please also note that if you wish to receive this item when it comes off of backorder, I would be happy to split your order up into two separate orders. The current order would include the backordered item, and the new order would include all of the in-stock items. This would enable you to get the in-stock items quicker. Please let me know if this is something you would like to do

Again, I am sorry for the delay in updating you. Thank you for your understanding, and thank you for shopping with X10.Com.

Kristina Barsalona

Third-Party Resolution

kristina@x10.com

1-800-834-9775

http://www.x10.com/electronics/index.htm

Still hoping,

GLT
dmhines

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GLT wrote:
dmhines,

So was that fed-ex shipment your remotes? That would give me some hope.

Unfortunately, no Sad . It turned out to be something for my computer that I had completely forgotten that I ordered Embarassed . Oh well, I'll just have to keep waiting.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Market Place All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: