JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

List of Radio Shack Remotes that are JP1???
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I had never heard of the 15-2144 before now, but I do see it listed on the Radio Shack web site.

Also notice that, while RS doesn't say that it's upgradeable, they do say that it has a 60K IC. I wonder what they are referring to. It doesn't make much sense to put a 60K EEPROM (if there even is such a thing in those denominations) into a non-upgradeable remote. I wonder if there is something hidden in that meaning/some functions we could access with jp1 (or jp1.2 when it comes about).

If it is just for more code coverage, as they suggest, and they have included a lot of codes, maybe it could be useful to someone with an MX-500 or something. I guess we'll see.

Rob, when do you think you may know something more on this? I would go pick one up, but they aren't in stores anywhere near me yet.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 16, 2005 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got word that it does have a 6-pin, but it uses the new flash part, so it's not JP1able yet.
davlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 12:49 pm    Post subject: Well it's a year later now... Reply with quote

Does anybody know if the non-jp1 status of the RC 15-2144 has changed?

I'd be very interested in getting it to run my Denon AVR-2803 (at least power, input select and vol.) but it doesn't come with receiver support.

I like the mix of hard buttons for common use items and the Kameleon display for simplified viewing.

-dave
whompus

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think the status has changed yet. That remote claims to control Home Theater In a Box. So you could see if it has code 1360 in it. If so it will likely give you some functions. Then you might be able to do keymoves based on the denon 3803 file in the audio section. As the 1360 code is denon dev 2:12 code.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 3:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Well it's a year later now... Reply with quote

davlas wrote:
Does anybody know if the non-jp1 status of the RC 15-2144 has changed?

I'd be very interested in getting it to run my Denon AVR-2803 (at least power, input select and vol.) but it doesn't come with receiver support.

I like the mix of hard buttons for common use items and the Kameleon display for simplified viewing.

-dave

If you like a Hybrid remote, give the OFA urc-6690 a try, it has greater library of codes then the 2144, it is also a learning remote.
davlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

whompus wrote:
I don't think the status has changed yet. That remote claims to control Home Theater In a Box. So you could see if it has code 1360 in it. If so it will likely give you some functions. Then you might be able to do keymoves based on the denon 3803 file in the audio section. As the 1360 code is denon dev 2:12 code.

Thanks whompus! I did get to try all the denon codes i could find on each device, but to no avail.
-dave
davlas

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Well it's a year later now... Reply with quote

MaskedMan wrote:
If you like a Hybrid remote, give the OFA urc-6690 a try, it has greater library of codes then the 2144, it is also a learning remote.

That's true. Thanks for the info. I've also seen that ofa-international has some "Second gen" remotes coming out. Don't know if they'll make it to the US. URC 8206- 6 Devices but that's for another thread.

-dave
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2006 5:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFA (Europe) and OFA (USA) are completely different companies, so while their remotes are all made by UEI, you won't see the European models here, or vice versa, except for when individuals sell them via ebay.

Also, the "2nd gen" remotes are all JP1.2, which is incompatible with JP1 (at this time).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: