JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PanTH-42PW6 Plasma Screen & SC-HT500 w/URC-8060 Kameleon
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oddly you mention the digits as being Panasonic 128.0 That happens to be just what Panny uses for most of their TV's, and is supplied in ueic setup code TV_0250. Your TV is also a Panasonic device and you used a file from the group for it. Was it also based on Panasonic 128.0? I'm guessing the digit keys on the SC-HT500 are for input selection and they match input selection on most Panny Tvs as well. Thus, changing an input on either the TV or the HT device will change both if that's the case. Is that the case? IF it is, that may simplify the upgrade required for the HTIB device, but also require co-ordination of the receivers outputs with the TV's inputs. Just theorizing.

Jim
silron1

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that Rob!! - Cracked it!!! - Also thank you to everyone for being so forthcoming with advice.

I now have a new Setup Code for a Panasonic PW6 Plasma Screen and ditto for a SC-HT500 Home Theatre incl DVD.

My advice for an absoulute (non techie) newbie is to learn all the buttons, download to IR and then write the values into KM to make a new Setup Code to be copied back to IR.

All this achieved within 4 days.

Would it be helpful for others if I posted these codes for the Kameleon 8060?.

Enough for now - back to streamlining my other devices

Ron Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, definately post the HTIB. The others posted in the files for Panny HTIBs use panny 160.x for the digits., apparantly the 500 model has seen a change from that.

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

silron1 wrote:
Would it be helpful for others if I posted these codes for the Kameleon 8060?.

Absolutely. But just to be clear, even though you might just happen to have the URC-8060 selected as the remote in KM, this file is not really "for the Kameleon 8060" it's really for the Panasonic TH-42PW6 Plasma TV. Anybody else who has this TV but has a different remote can use four KM file by simply changing the selected remote and maybe re-arranging the buttons.

Plus, also for future reference. If you had tried the file that Steve referenced in the very first reply to this thread, you would have found that it too is using the Panasonic Combo protocol, so the chances are very good that it's a perfect match for your TV. You might have saved yourself the need to learn all the buttons.
silron1

PostPosted: Fri Nov 14, 2003 3:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to finally clarify the situation - The Panasonic TH-42PW6 is not a TV it is a Plasma Screen ONLY without tuner or sound output. It can take up to 4 different inputs (which can be scarts, component, s-video, another VGA or composite) through separate control boards which slot into the back. The only input that comes built into the screen is a VGA for a computer connection. This is one of the main differences between TH-42PW5 & PW6 and I think the reason why the TH-42PW5 code would not work or power-up. All the signals I learnt showed the same device 128 and used a Panasonic protocol. Probably the reason I found it fairly easy to make the new setup code.
I use a separate Sat tuner and a separate VCR into 2 scart control boards. The DVD from the SC-HT500 goes into the screen via the VGA input using a Scart to VGA signal converter.

Sound for the DVD is built into the SC-HT500 and sound from all the other machines is routed through aux. inputs

The Panasonic SC-TH500 is a home theatre sound machine which includes a built-in DVD and Radio Tuner and as you so rightly suggested because it has a mixture of devices(160, 128 & multiple sub-devices) needed a Panasonic Combo2 protocol.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: