JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EFC vs. Hex CMD - Panasonic SA-HE200
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jethrogoss

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2003 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetstar52 wrote:

What do you think of the receiver? I'm really impressed with mine. It replaced a stack of 5 separates and a video switcher for $199, and it sounds great to me.

Yeah I've been pretty happy with this. A local shop owner, who is also an active participant on a home theatre forum I'm on, recommended it in place of a Harmon Kardon that I had been looking at. He was running the same unit at his house, and he has quite a selection to choose from, and there was little difference in price although I wasn't sure about Panasonic as an audiphile choice! I was pleasantly surprised in the quality at the price point.

I'd like a little more flexibility in the input namings as I ended up with some strange device names on the front panel (no biggie since the remote is making sure I have the right one), a display of which speakers are active vs how many channels are incoming. and a little less confusing setup with the sound modes (although once you get them right I'm happy with how they work and it does do intelligent rmembering by device and switches modes when the input type switches well).

Thanks for your work on the SA HE200, it did help even though I didn't use the device combiner and just gleaned some insights and codes out of it (so far). I still haven't been able to use a KM file, or the devices4.xls, but I did get excel today so I'll see how it goes. I tried devices4.xls but although I get a device type dropdown I didn't see the codes available per device. As a newbie at using excel I'm probably missing something basic.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2003 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You need to remember that devices4.xls is just a collection of codes from the 15-1994. If the code you're looking for isn't in there just ask one of us and we'llsee if we can dig it up.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: