JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

extending the capacity of SCAN/FAV?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
chas6000

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:33 pm    Post subject: extending the capacity of SCAN/FAV? Reply with quote

with extenders (like for 9910) is there any way to increase the capacity of the SCAN/FAV key for more channels?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 3:53 pm    Post subject: Re: extending the capacity of SCAN/FAV? Reply with quote

chas6000 wrote:
with extenders (like for 9910) is there any way to increase the capacity of the SCAN/FAV key for more channels?

I think the simple answer is no but anything is possible.

It would take changes to both IR and the extender to accomplish more than the 15 that it currently supports since both the extender and IR force a limit of 15 mini macros. It may somehow either be limited by the remote or simply to make the math easier but for the life of me I can't remember the real reason for the limit. If it comes to me I will post it.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: extending the capacity of SCAN/FAV? Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
I think the simple answer is no but anything is possible.

Nils, did it come to you? Smile
I have another need but related to fiddling with the FAV feature. Is it now or ever possible to split the FAV job, so that 3 devices could each get 5 mini macros? Needed ,since only one FAV list can exist in the remote. I don't use FAV for channel scans.
ot04298

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the feasibility of creating a special protocol that would cycle thru a set of mini macros? Since the basic logic already exists in the extenders, it seems that finding a way to store the position within a list is the only issue. The ability to create multiple lists would be useful. Currently, you can only "cycle" thru 2 macros using ToadTog (unless you use some rather complicated ToadTog nesting).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: