JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas HT mode?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kj

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 3:20 pm    Post subject: Atlas HT mode? Reply with quote

Is is possible to make Home Theatre mode available in the Atlas 5 device pvr remote. I have a 8810 with this feature. I like it because I can use VPT under normal conditions (set to tv) and in HT mode volume controls the receiver, transport controls dvd and channel is set to cable. I was wondering if it is possible to do this with the Atlas.

Assuming it is possible a few more detailed questions:
Is the extender needed for this?
How is the home theatre mode activated?

If needed, I might even be willing to upgrade the eeprom to 2k. However, I think that would also require extender changes since the current Atlas extender is for the standard 1k.

-Kevin
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The only way you're going to get the equivalent of an HT mode on the Atlas DVR is to use the extender. The current 1K extender groups the buttons into 3 keysets: transport, volume and other. You can create a macro on any button you like to set the keysets to whatever you like; indeed, the pre-defined macros on the device buttons do exactly this.

I am working on creating a 2K version of the extender, but it's not ready yet. And, yes, you'd have to upgrade the EEPROM to use it. No one has tried that, so we don't even know if it will recognize a 2K chip until I get one to try.

In the meantime, you could always try the 1K version to get the hang of it.
kj

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your response and for your efforts with these extenders. One thing I noticed with this remote is that when mapping devices to cable, you end up with very few key moves since almost every button is available. Therefore I started reducing the memory that you allocated for key moves and increased the memory for upgrades in the 1k extender and rdf. Hope it still works when I am finished.

That leads me to my next question: Where do I find out more info in how to set up the key sets and how I assign key sets to devices in a macro?

Thanks,

-Kevin
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: