JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Need Help with Long Key Press Keymove coomand

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Need Help with Long Key Press Keymove coomand Reply with quote

I have spent countless hours researching all the info on this site regarding LKPs for an Extended 6131, so that I can program my remote to use an LKP. After reading every readme available on this site(and yahoo group)I believe I have the concept, but am still having some difficulty converting it to code, and hope someone could give me some directed help.

I am trying to set up a long keypress for the Power button(In any device mode) that will Turn 2 DUDE devices off(TV and Aud), and the short keypress will just invoke the toggle Power for the particular device.

I have the following for each device I am trying to control:
Assigned in Remotemaster as a keymove:
Phantom1=Power Toggle On/Off
Phantom2 =Descrete On (Not to be used in LKP Functionality)
Phantom3=Decrete Off

Assigned as Macro in IR:
Phantom4 = Macro for "All Off" is X-TV;Phantom3;X_Aud;Phantom3

My problem is setting up the LKP Protocol for the URC6131 Extended (Uses TV1106 for LKP setup) for each device under Keymoves. Starting with Cabl/sat Key=Power, Device =TV SetupCode=1106 . . .

How do I determine this Hex Command string, especially since I am using Phantom Keys(1 for toggle and 4 for All Off) for each device I have them assigned to. Are these Hex commands listed somewhere in IR or Remote Master. Ultimately, I am having a hard time deciphering the whole Hex string for LKP and what I need to use here. If anyone has a good way of explaining this, I would greatly appreciate it, and I am sure it would be helpful to other Newbies who have read all the other documentation that tries to describe this, and stil can't get it

Thanks
mr_d_p_gumby
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are on the right track, but make sure you are using IR v6.00 and the latest v1.18 RDF files, which will enable the Special Protocols tab in IR. With that in place, you should be able to directly enter the LKP in IR without having to contend with the hex command string.
Herbie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:27 am    Post subject: Re: Need Help with Long Key Press Keymove coomand Reply with quote

mhallerbach wrote:

How do I determine this Hex Command string, especially since I am using Phantom Keys(1 for toggle and 4 for All Off) for each device I have them assigned to. Are these Hex commands listed somewhere in IR or Remote Master. ...

As suggested, the latest version of IR and .rdf files should make it easier. However the "old school" way to do it should also work.

The key code values for every key (including Phantom keys created in/for the extender) are listed in the file KeyCodes.htm which is included in the zip for the extender. Note also that the key codes for shifted and x-shifted keys are different, as indicated in the table.
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 1:53 am    Post subject: I had the wrong 6.00 version of IR Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
It sounds like you are on the right track, but make sure you are using IR v6.00 and the latest v1.18 RDF files, which will enable the Special Protocols tab in IR. With that in place, you should be able to directly enter the LKP in IR without having to contend with the hex command string.

thanks for the help. I figured out my version of IR 6.00 did not have the special Protocols Tab. I did start enteriong it previously as a Keymove, so when I updated to the "NEW" 6.00, it converted what I had into the special protocol so I could see what I did better. I was close, but I just couldn't get it right. Thanks for all of your help - I should be Okay now.

mh
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: