JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Directv R10

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Ed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:13 pm    Post subject: Directv R10 Reply with quote

I have modified Robman's "Tivo master file" to work with the Directv R10 a little better (Robman,I hope you don't mind) using the OFA 8810w, IR and Remotemaster programs. The learning functon really helped. I made my own cable (to impatient to wait) and with all the info I needed here. My remote outperforms my friends $115 Best Buy remote while I spent $18 on the remote and $7 on the cable.
Uploaded in the, file section/device upgrades/PVR/tivo.
I've seen a few others needing this for the R10. Maybe it can help, especially with the OFA 6131, available for purchase from Robman.
I want to say "Thank-you" to everyone for their help and give credit and special thanks to Robman for this site and all your help.
Big Ed 8)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Ed. You say that learning helped, did you find any functions that weren't already in the master file?
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think most of the functions were there but I couldn't get the Directv/Tivo menu to come up nor could I get my guide to work. I did learn the list operation which will take you directly to where your recorded programs are and did away with the clear/erase because after viewing the show that option comes up automatically or you can get to it thru the menu.
Rob, I kind of cheated with the learning function by learnig specific buttons I was having trouble figuring out, by seeing the code in IR, I just entered it in the RM program then assigned it how I wanted it. The layout is similar to the original R10 remote.

Big Ed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Ed wrote:
Rob, I kind of cheated with the learning function by learnig specific buttons I was having trouble figuring out, by seeing the code in IR, I just entered it in the RM program then assigned it how I wanted it.

That's no cheating, that's exactly what you are supposed to do. The implication here though is that you found OBCs or EFCs for functions that are different to those in my master file, which is why I asked you what those codes are? I'd like to use them to update my master file.
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I appologize Rob, I misunderstood what you were asking for. Here are the codes IR are showing (if there is a better way of getting these to you let me know).

DTivo guide=(OBC) 54 (Hex command) 93 (EFC) 150.
DTivo main menu =(OBC) 15 (Hex command) 0F (EFC) 058.
"List" or recorded shows =(OBC) 70 (Hex command) 9D (EFC) 166.
"slow" forward =(OBC) 37 (Hex cmd) 5B (EFC) 216.

I didn't know how else to post this so I hope this will help or maybe you could tell me how to get what you wanted.

Big Ed
Big Ed

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob, would uploading the IR filed that I saved with these learned features into the tivo upgrade area be possible or better for you to get the info you wanted. Just trying to help.

Big Ed
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ed, but those 4 commands are in the master file, what I was really looking for was the functions that you said you had to learn because they weren't in the master file.

Where there others, or did you just not see these ones in the file?
Big Ed

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry Rob, I must not have seen those files or just didn't know what I was looking at (darn newbie). Trying to figure out what was what in the short time I was playing with it, it was making my head spin but it was still easier than I thought it would be. I guess for me it easier to learn the functions that I wanted and knew what they were than to figure out the codes (which I didn't even think of looking to see if they were already there) that you already had in your master file. I give it to you, you are the man!

Well anyway I was trying to help, I saw where it was asked if you created something or modified anything to please share it and upload it. Hopefully this file may still be a help to those with the R10 since now that I realize all I did was rearrange the buttons (bubble burst, thought I had accidently stumbled on something here).

Now lets see what I can figure out with macro's and extenders oh my!!

Big Ed
mhallerbach

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 2:54 pm    Post subject: R-10 Reply with quote

Big Ed wrote:
I think most of the functions were there but I couldn't get the Directv/Tivo menu to come up nor could I get my guide to work. I did learn the list operation which will take you directly to where your recorded programs are and did away with the clear/erase because after viewing the show that option comes up automatically or you can get to it thru the menu.
Rob, I kind of cheated with the learning function by learnig specific buttons I was having trouble figuring out, by seeing the code in IR, I just entered it in the RM program then assigned it how I wanted it. The layout is similar to the original R10 remote.

Big Ed

I am controlling the R-10 on a URC6131 Extended, which is not a learning remote, and the Tivo Master file Rob made has every function, including Guide, and Menu(which is the list function on the R-10 remote) that is on the original remote, you just need to assign to different buttons for your particular remote to make it practical for you. You shouldn't have to learn any functions(I can't with my remote) because its all in the upgrade I went with the 6131 because it additionally has all the PVR buttons on it to keep it simple. In the master file there are a couple different Tivo menu commands since this upgrade can be used with various models of Tivos. The R-10 uses the Tivo-HDVR2 command to control the Directv menu. Like you, I spent some time tweaking the file the way I like - The only thing that I could not make simple is the "Live TV" command - There is no button on my 6131 that is logical for others, and if you notice, the Live TV button is bit different than the Exit Button(whic will go to live tv from the menu), in that the Live TV toggles between the 2 tuners on the R-10(Not like the Enter/last button which toggles between the 2 last channels you viewed on one of the tuners. But, the down arrow on the directional keypad will also toggle between tuners. My biggest problem with universal remotes is when you have a command that is assigned to a button that is not exactly a good description of the command, for example, I had to assign the live TV command to my TV/Vid button, which is the most logical, but still not a great descriptive button, which makes it hard for others in my house that use the remote. I am curious to find out how others have changed/created labels for their buttons, or if anybody sells professional looking small labels that can be glued onto a remote. Let me know if you have any questions on the R-10 as I have had mine about a month, and have done a lot of research on the functionality of it, including the hacks - programmed/unlocked the 30 second skip command(Which isn't on by default from DirecTv).

Have fun
mh
Herbie

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Regarding the "LiveTV" button:

I just didn't map it on my (multiple) 6131's. On both my SA Series 2 TiVo and my DirecTiVo, pressing "Guide" while in any of the TiVo screens also jumps to Live TV (with the Guide overlayed).

We just use that to transision to live tv, since half the time we'd be opening the guide anyways. For the rare occasion when we go to LiveTV and its already on the right channel, then just hitting "Guide" again clears the guide overlay.

As mentioned, we use the "Down Arrow" to toggle tuners on the DirecTiVo.
Mr.Pibb

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I apoligize in advance for the newbie question:

DirecTV is sending me a secont TIVO unit. From what I understand, it will probably be an R-10. This is going to replace a standard receiver.

My question: are the R-10 remote signals completely different than the original DirecTivo? What I'm worried about is that both units will be within the same area, and I don't want to switch channels on both units at the same time! If they are the same, is there a "B" set of commands? I don't remember ever seeing that. I've been using a JP1 interface for a LONG time, but I haven't had to come back to the web page in a couple years for new stuff!

I just picked up an 8910 remote this weekend and hope to get it up and running soon!

Thanks,
Tim

Rolling Eyes Edit, I think I answered my own question(s). Man, that RM software is awesome. Things have gotten much easier than when I first started fooling with JP1.

So I just select a different "unit code" for each Tivo, right?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2005 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup. Plus, you have to program each Tivo to respond to the selected unit codes.
Mr.Pibb

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2005 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Yup. Plus, you have to program each Tivo to respond to the selected unit codes.

Thanks! I think I found the (simple) procedure for doing that too. I guess searching BEFORE asking would have been a good idea...actually I did but didn't find anything initially.

Thanks again,
Tim
Chuck_IV

PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2005 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pulling an older thread up...

Just a note, I just installed a new R10 last night and tried using my RS 15-2117 that was programmed for an older series 1 Directivo. Everything works fine except the guide button. "Most" of the time, it works just fine, however, every once and a while the new R10 gets confused at the code and instead of bringing up the guide, it acts as the "Prev Ch" key, until I go into the Menus on the R10 and then out. From what i read at Tivocommunity.com, the newer Series 2(and 2.5 as the R10 is refered to) boxes use a different code for the guide(and supposedly menu) button.

I guess I'm gonna have to dust off my JP1 cable and reinstall the speadsheets and IR program again, to make the change. I'm gonna have to dust off the ole memory bank to remember the steps on how to do it. Smile
DavidEC2955

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: RCA810B and Two DirecTV R10? Reply with quote

RCA810B and Two DirecTV R10?

Using the latest files.. I can not seem to get my two R10's to work with the different device codes??

Even when I change the unit code # the remote will control both of the R10's yet...

Heres the real stumper.. using the same codes and just changing the buttons the codes seem to work on both a HTPro and my 15-2133

And none of the other Tivo codes will work....
Update.. Where is Tivo Unit = 2 protocol?
Just did a learn from the remote that I am trying to update and it says that the protcall being sent is: gap-550-1687-32?
This is the hex from a learned channel change button.. 07 20 18 00 D3 84 24 24 54 55 55 45 55 54 45 54 44 44 55 55 55 54 44 41 30 82 30

Update: 02:48am cst
Following is the protocol that will allow me to get my RCA810's to work:
protocol Code# 0111
43 8D 31 8B 15 CA 5D 08 08 01 21 01 06 01 21 03
31 D4 FD 11 A7 08 B7 08 02 08 E4 05 07 56 07 F0
08 06 60 C0 56 C0 0F 44 C0 07 8D 01 46
When using the current version of remote master it does not assign a updated protocol code to this 'Tivo Offical' code for the RCA810...??

Eyes tired and blood shoo going to bed now...

--David
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: