JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

KeyMap Master data looks the same as Learning values but..

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Coloradobob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: KeyMap Master data looks the same as Learning values but.. Reply with quote

After slowly coding my SVA TV into KeyMap and loading it into my OFA 8811 I felt great when it worked. But doing the same for my dish 510 or 4900 has
convinced me I don't understand the flow. After loading 1775 txt file, I used the remote learning to retrieve the EFCs for keys that did not work, test it, then transfer the codes under functions in KeyMap. Transfer the file to IR, verify the changes in the IR device tab, load the remote and failure. This is the same process I used for the TV and it worked great. The imported EFCs look the same as the learned EFCs but the remote must see something I can't see. The numbers work but some of the functions do something strange.
I know that my Remote Address for the 510 is 1 and for the 4900 is 2 but aren't the EFCs the key data? What cant I see?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think Dish changes the device code on some buttons. Take a look at some other upgrades for Dish to see if you can find one that uses the Dish combo protocol, then look at the codes for the buttons in that upgrade.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: