JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

No response from interface message

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
orrmanor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 2:53 pm    Post subject: No response from interface message Reply with quote

I just got a new cable from filebug. Downloaded IR and KM files.

Remote: OFA 8810w

Keep getting message: "No response from interface. Make sure the interface is connected to the PC, and that you've specified the correct port."

Tried it with remote not plugged in, plugged in; batteries in, batteries out; one battery backwards (?!); port addresses 378, 3BC, 278 (it appears that my port is 378).

I've done it on two different PCs, a Dell Dimension 8250 and a very old IBM Thinkpad.

I'm sure this is answered somewhere in an FAQ, but I wasn't able to find it. Thanks.

orrmanor
orrmanor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2005 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, I unchecked the Auto check option, after checking filebug's FAQs.

I still had the same problem.
spooky

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2005 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 8811 gave me the same problem after working. It also gives me a pulled low error sometimes. It turns our the cable passes over the arched portion of the battery compartment and slightly tips the connector. Apparently enough to cause problems. I have to hold the JP1 cable onto the 8811 with a lot of pressure to make sure I get clean communications.

I may just file a little relief for the cable into the arch if I have to do much more programming with that remote. So far so good as dad's home theater controller. He is very happy with it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: