JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 10:02 am    Post subject: Re: Extender 1 for Atlas DVR now available Reply with quote

mr_d_p_gumby wrote:
Due to these space limitations, the special protocols are not pre-loaded as is the case with other extenders, but I've provided upgrades in the text files describing each protocol so that you can add them in IR.

So is the issue/job here to fit in the special protocols into the 1K asm file to make it for 2K the same way as 6131 1k vs 2k is done?

Edited: I just download the zip file and according to notes from Mike, if I were to add the special protocols and changed the rdf to match all signposts, it should work. I do not have Atlas remote to test though.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2007 12:40 pm    Post subject: I NEED HELP Reply with quote

I did some janitorial work and following Mike's intructions made a prototype for 2K Atlas
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=4802

1. I don't know what range should be in checksum in the rdf file
2. When I ran extinstall on the hex file I ended up with an odd looking ToadTog device - is that somehow related to VCR/DVD device in the RDF??

EDITED: Point 2 is now fixed. Thanks CapnTrips.
bcardellini

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liz, Thank you for working on this! Send me a message if you want an Atlas to test with, and specify whether you'd like me to attempt to solder in a 2k eeprom, or just ship it loose.

I'll make myself a 2k atlas and try out your prototype as well. Thanks!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2007 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There might be a simpler way. Please remember, I basically followed what I think Mike did with the 6131 2K and 1K, and other than that, I'm clueless about Atlas.
How about we take this path initially.
1. Go to KM or RM and using at least two upgrades, perhaps TV and one other such as the receiver or DVD, make sure you select the correct remote and select extended. If you use RM, before all this put the RDF file where your other RDFs are. Review the files and save them.
2. Open the .IR file (has "blank" in name or something similar) from the zip file. Bring in the upgrades and protocols (if needed) into IR.
Please add few notes.
3. If you're up to it, make several keymoves in IR and try to make a special protocol or two (DSM, LKP), use any old buttons, even if they don't make sense at the time. this is just to check you can build at all.
4. Zip it all up, the IR file and the upgrades from KM/RM, and we'll take it from there.

Please, do NOT use extinstall to merge old IR file with new. Just start from scratch. It's simpler, based on my work with the 6131.

I'll pm you, and yes, it you really want me to play with it, please do put in the 2K eeprom (I find even opening a remote challenging Smile), but I think the initial work above would be a better way to start and if you run into building problems, well... maybe Mike will help if I get lost.
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, is this Atlas 5-device PVR/DVR (Settings) JP1 2K extender a release yet?

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know of no progress other than my totally blind, mechanical, attempt at conversion. Until someone puts it into a remote and reports back we will never know. Sorry.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow Liz, you're doing extenders, for devices you don't even own! After you Tom Sawyered me into doing the URC7800, no less. Very Happy

Good For you. I don't think I could do that, but then I don't have your attention to detail. I couldn't do it without the remote in my possession.

I don't suppose you'll be moving into JP1.2 any time soon? I really need to find an Elizabeth in Jp1.2 land!
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
you're doing extenders, for devices you don't even own!
Yeah, sticking my neck out. Making an a** of myself. The non-thinking conversion just might work. If it fails it'll be on checksum. If it fails more, I will have no clue, as I haven't even look at unassembly, if it exists, so it'll be hopeless then.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's a lot to be said for doing the initial debug in the privacy of your home. Very Happy I think it takes guts to put it out without a remote in hand. I usually have a zillion failures before I have a success. I can't imagine doing it remotely.
bcardellini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2007 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to leave you hanging Liz. I've been distracted by some other projects and I've hit some roadblocks with the JP1.

It turns out that most of the Atlas remotes I have are JP1.2, so I don't have the extra JP1 versions that I thought.

The EEPROMs I bought are the wrong package style and won't mount to my board.

And I can't get my parallel cable to work at all with my JP1 Atlases. I keep getting the "No response from interface" error. I'm going to keep trying to troubleshoot my cable, but I'm starting to wonder if I've got the time and brainpower to get it working.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: