JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Getting my own codes for Pioneer DV-F727 (Changer)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nsysblh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:03 pm    Post subject: Getting my own codes for Pioneer DV-F727 (Changer) Reply with quote

I have a Pioneer 300+1 disc changer. I have yet to find the EFC codes for the changer functions. There are standard Pioneer DVD codes that work some of the functions. I now need to get the codes to work the changer functions.

So, to get the codes, I can use my OFA 8810 to learn the codes, download the learning memory into IR and then something that I can re-use for the EFC code will be there. Is this the process I should follow?

I've read most of the beginner docs, and I have already put working TiVo codes and the TiVo protocol on the remote, but they were easier as lots of people have posted codes for them.

Anyway, if someone can point me to a specific tutorial on what to do to capture IR codes and get the EFC codes for the upgrade, or knows where codes are specific to the DV-F727, feel free to reply.

I expected to find a complete map for all of the keys in the built-in functions. I have yet to find anything that says, for device type DVD, code 1234, here are the original buttons on the remote, and where they are mapped on the universal remote, and here is the protocol used and the EFC transmitted. Is there anything like this around? (In a general sense, I know some of it exists, but I'm more wondering about the built in ROM definitions)

Thanks,
Brandon
nsysblh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 4:22 pm    Post subject: Ok, I got them. Reply with quote

That process worked ok. I entered all the codes that the learning memory spit out. It took about an hour to get them all. IR works nicely. It even warned me that some of the codes needed to be relearned to work properly.

Now the universal works better than the original. Nice.

Ok, now what format/where can I post my results to help out the next person wanting this information? I couldn't map all the keys from the original remote...keymap master didn't have enough keys...

Brandon
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How many buttons are there on the orignal remote? If you really do have more functions that the 129 entries in KM's Functions sheet allows, I would suggest that you create 2 KM files, one for the first 129 functions, and another for whatever functions are still left over.

Then, load both files into the Yahoo file section.
nsysblh

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uhh, ok. It has around 57 discrete functions (some buttons make the dial send different codes)

So, I can "rename" the buttons on the Functions tab and then map them to physical buttons on the Buttons tab. I kinda thought the names on the functions tab were read only. However, I just changed them and it appeared to work.

Now, I have to type in all the buttons (I originally just used a notpad file to enter the codes)
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 6:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nsysblh wrote:
So, I can "rename" the buttons on the Functions tab and then map them to physical buttons on the Buttons tab.

Those are function labels on the Functions sheet, not buttons. As you found, they can be renamed to anything you want. Button names on the Buttons sheet cannot be renamed, however.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2003 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The function names that appear in the Functions sheet are just there as a time saving device. They are the most popular button names, so it should save you some typing by having them there, but you are free to replace as many of them as you like, plus you can add as many more as you like, up to a limit of 129.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: