JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need help with ccf file.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
itsmyforte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: need help with ccf file. Reply with quote

i have a URC-6012 and i am trying to convert a ccf file to txt format to upload into KM. i did the conversion per the instructions i found. when i go to load it into the KM it says its not a valid KM file type??? not sure what i did wrong.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 7:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The conversion (DecodeCCF I assume) makes a txt file that is NOT the kind you can load in KM.

There is no program that does that whole task for you.

That txt file is designed to be opened directly by Excel. Once you do that, the amount of extra work varies a lot between CCF files.

Sometimes you'll be able to just select a column of function names and paste that into KM (functions tab) and select a column of OBC numbers an paste that as well.

Usually you need a fair amount of using Excel's sort command and deleting unrelated devices and misdecodes and editing unclear command names before you can copy/paste over to KM.

In any case there should be protocol, device and subdevice info that is (hopefully) the same for all the commands you want, that you should manually re enter on KM's setup sheet (before puting the OBC numbers on the functions sheet).
itsmyforte

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok, so i guess since this code is written in RC5, RC5x, and Panasonic i have to switch protocals then enter in the obc and efc stuff in the appropriate colums in KM then save it?? needless to say i'm confused... is there a write up on how to do what i am attempting to do?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2005 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Obviously, as you haven't given us a link to the CCF file in question, we can only guess as to what the data in it looks like. However, CCF files usually contain the learned signals for several different, un-related devices. Devices where the only thing that they have in common is the fact that they're all owned by the guy who created the CCF.

Your job is to extract just the data that you need. There is no such thing as a device that uses both RC5 and Panasonic, so those obviously come from different devices, though the RC5 and RC5x could potentially come from the same device.
itsmyforte

PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2005 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i decided to get an 8810 and just learn the remote myself. seems that might be a bit easier.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: