JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code Programming Help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:19 pm    Post subject: Code Programming Help Reply with quote

I finally found a discrete HDMI input source code for my Panny 53x54 TV.

I have an Atlas DVR 5.

I did a key move and set that Macro 1 button in CBL mode to change the input source to video 1 on my TV.

I want to program my Macro 3 button in CBL mode to change the source to HDMI on the TV.

But, the HDMI input source discrete code is Device 128, SubDev 4 and EFC 157?

How do I tell IR or KM that this one code is SubDev 4?

I'm confused.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The easiest way is a "no button" upgrade, unless you are already using a device upgrade.

Open KM selet your remote and makeup an upgrade code like TV/1250. Select Panasonic Protocol. Main device=128, sub-device=4.

That gives you this:

Upgrade Code 0 = 04 E2 (TV/1250) keymap-master Device Upgrade (KM v8.31)
C9 00 01 DE BF FB FE DF
End

Copy that into IR as a device upgrade. Don't assign it to any device key.

Then in IR, keymoves tab, assign TV/1250 EFC 157 to the device/button of your choice.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

That is amazing stuff. Yes, that worked absolutely perfectly.

Thanks so much!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lex,
How are you controlling the TV now? Are you using an upgrade or a built in setup code? If you're using the upgrade that you mentioned in your other thread on this topic, then why not just add the new code to that upgrade?
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm using an upgrade for all my devices, but since this code for the TV is on subdev 4, how do I do that?

I think I tried doing 2nd byte of 4 in the fuctions tab, but that didn't work. Should that have?

Creating a new device code with subdev 4 on the first tab did work.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What protocol is your TV upgrade using? If it's the standard Panasonic protocol, then it won't work, but if it's the combo protocol that's used in the upgrade file you mentioned, then it will work.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must have changed it to the regular Panasonic protocol so I didn't have to load the combo2 protocol.

It looks like the upgrade on yahoo has the combo2 protocol, but when I load that device upgrade and protocol, it still doesn't work right.

Many more buttons in KM are greyed out including the macro buttons and it says I can't use them, when I'm using the combo2 protocol.

What am I doing wrong now?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You got me. You'll have to be more descriptive of exactly what you are doing for me to be able to figure it out.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it's probably not worth it. Jon's way works perfectly.

But, in the interest of science....

Let's say I start from scratch and load the Panasonic-53WX52-RPTV.txt file into KM. I change remote type to Atlas DVR. When I go to the buttons tab, some button are grey (unavailable) that were available in the regular panasonic protocol. Probably the only ones I'd want to use that are unavailable would be the macro buttons (to use as discrete input source buttons when in TV mode).

It's working fine as it is, with the macro buttons in TV mode working, so I'll just leave it and won't use the combo2 protocol.

Thanks.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The reason that those buttons become greyed out is because KM doesn't know how to format keymoves for them. If you notice, when you select the regular Panasonic protocol the buttons that were greyed out have '@' symbols in front of them. This means that if you assign functions to them, keymoves will be used to program them.

Here's what you should do. Go to the Layout tab in KM to see which device mode includes the most buttons. TV mode is usually the worst in JP1 remotes. For this remote I notice that PVR mode includes just about all of the buttons for this remote, so if you change the device mode (in KM's setup sheet) from TV to PVR, all those greyed out buttons will become available again, and you won't eat up your valuable keymove/ macro memory by programming them.

However, be aware that when you assign the resulting upgrade to the TV button, you will break VPT if it's assigned to a device button other than TV (I think it will still work if you set VPT to TV). If VPT is broken, you can simply use 3 keymoves to fix it.
lexluthor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2005 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, well that makes sense. Didn't know that's what the @ button meant.

I have VPT assigned to my AUD button.

However, isn't the way I'm already doing it just fine? I have an extra device code loaded with no key assignments and use a key move to set a button to the EFC code that I need to use inside that device code?

I still appear to have a decent amount of memory left and am pretty much done configuring.

I have 3 keymoves to do what I want this way and apparently, I'd save those, but need 3 keymoves to fix VPT, so it doesn't appear to be saving me memory anyhow.

If there's something inherently "wrong" with Jon's original suggestion that I'm using, I'd fix it, but is there any real reason I shouldn't be doing it that way?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: