JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Newbie needs help with ReplayTV 5504

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Red

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs help with ReplayTV 5504 Reply with quote

Okay, I've got a new ReplayTV 5504, and a Radio Shack 15-2133 6 in 1 Kameleon. For reasons unknown, my 2133 will only learn Power and the numeric buttons. After much frustration, does anyone have a file that I can export to .wav and upgrade my remote with? The darn 800 number for upgrades is constantly busy, and I don't have a cable to connect to my PC. Please help me. Thanks in advance.

P.S. Also a little hand holding through the process would be great.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing that you're not a JP1 user, based on the wav request, so I'm going to move this post to the non-JP1 forum (but please correct me if I'm mistaken).

As for the Replay, rather than learn the signals, why not just use the built in setup codes? There are 2 setup codes in this remote that will work your Replay, those are VCR/0614 and VCR/0616.

I recommend that you chose the VCR/0616 code. If you chose this code you can then use advanced codes to program any missing functions. You will also be able to use learning to program them.

As you have already exhausted your learning memory by learning the Replay buttons, I would recommand that you do a 980 reset as described in the manual.
Big Red

PostPosted: Wed Dec 29, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'm not sure why, but I was trying to put it on the cable box/satellite button. Works like a charm.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: