JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

PIP for Mitsubishi with 9910

View previous topic :: View next topic  
donovanj1

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:24 am    Post subject: PIP for Mitsubishi with 9910 Reply with quote

I am new to this so here goes. I got from work an older 1991 Mitsubishi cs-3515r 35" TV but it came with no remote. Had problems with lower end universal remotes, so I just bought the URC-8910, set to code 0150 which works with everything except for the picture in picture, move and swap buttons. How do I get these buttons to work? Do I need to get involved with the JP1 programming?

Any help would be appreciated. THanks
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go to Rob's site (www.hifi-remote.com) navigate to the advance codes section. Then to TV_0150. At the bottom of that page, click on the "official ueic advance codes for TV_0150". There's some half-dozen efc's solely devoted to "Pip". You should be able to use that list and use keymoves to add any of those you want to your basic setup code of TV_0150 as native to your remote. You shouldn't need, from what I can tell, JP-1 programming to accomplish what you need, as you should be able to manually program it all in.

While you're at Rob's site, consult his manual for either the 2116 or 8910 for manually programming "lcd" type remotes with the "994" (keymove) type procedure, if your manual isn't descriptive enough.

Jim
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a manual for the newer LCD remotes yet, so use this in the meantime...
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?2448
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have IR data on a lot of Mitsubishi TV's. They're quite consistent.

I can't find any example in which the pip On/Off function is other than EFC 138, matching the PIP key of TV/0150 in the 8910.

I can't find any example in which the pip swap function is other than EFC 010, matching the PIP swap key of TV/0150 in the 8910.

But, I can't find any example in which the pip move function is other than EFC 070. The pip move key in TV/0150 is EFC 150, which is the "index-" function everywhere I can find it.

You should look here
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?TV_0150
for more EFC numbers for functions of that TV. It includes 070 as the code for pip position (though it also includes 150 for "position").

You asked about JP1. That's generally a good idea for anyone who wants to customize a remote, but won't help much in this particular situation. Without the original remote you can only try EFC codes, either randomly (all of 000 through 255) or based on internet resources.

BTW, if it wasn't totally clear that your new remote was factory packed, you might consider the possibility that someone previously programmed a keymove, macro or learned signal on the pip on/off or swap keys. Those don't go away when you change setup codes. You could test the EFCs for those functions. If the EFCs work and the buttons don't then go through the clearing process for each of keymove, macro and learned signals for each of those keys (without JP1 you can't tell which of those might be present).
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I don't have a manual for the newer LCD remotes yet,

Rob, I just e-mailed you a few mauals
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Rob, I just e-mailed you a few manuals

To which email address? Just to clarify, what I meant was that I haven't created my own copies of these manuals yet. The official manuals don't include instructions on how to enter advanced codes.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Nils_Ekberg wrote:
The Robman wrote:

Rob, I just e-mailed you a few manuals

To which email address? Just to clarify, what I meant was that I haven't created my own copies of these manuals yet. The official manuals don't include instructions on how to enter advanced codes.

Same one I always mail to. You can trash them since I thought you meant the originals
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2003 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils_Ekberg wrote:
Same one I always mail to. You can trash them since I thought you meant the originals

Hmmm, they never got here?
donovanj1

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2003 9:36 pm    Post subject: Thanks for the replies but still not working Reply with quote

Thanks for all the good info. I was able to do the keymover procedure with the 138 pip code and it worked fine but my tv is still not responding to the newly programmed pip, move, swap buttons. I know I am programming the remote right because I was able to add a key for my amplifier okay. Any other suggestions?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: