JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

milennium 4 remote issues
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 1:50 am    Post subject: milennium 4 remote issues Reply with quote

i've been working with a urc-8910 and got it working perfectly but i was trying to setup a couple mil4 remotes up for some family (adding the devices they have and maybe a couple macros) and i'm having tons of problems, one tv uses necx2 protocol device and subdevice 7, I added the device upgrade and it didn't work, I captured the signal from the mil4 with my 8910 and it showed up as a nec protocl with a completely differnet device code and different efcs... dunno whats up with that and is there limits on the macro capabilities of this remote? they seem to work sporattically and act differently on each remote...

thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nobody's going to be able to diagnose the problem just from the description, we'd need to see your KM and IR files.
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

sorry, I was mainly looking to see if anyone knew if there was some type of limitation on these remotes, I have to head off to work right away i'll upload a dump of my ir and km files and post another message when I get home... btw when I used the KM files on my urc-8910 it worked perfectly on the tv that the mill4 was sending incorrect data to and I tred 3 different mill4s with that and they all did the same thing... anyway gotta head out i'll drop those files tonight, thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you save an initial download file from the Mil4? If so, please include that also when you zip your files together. There are many different versions of the Mil4 so that would help identify which one you have.
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well call me an idiot, I just realized that the remote was punching the channel keys and transports to the cable box and that is why my macro wasn't working... so I got that working, now i'd still like to know why it won't take my upgrade I built... i'll load the upgrade onto the remote and upload that and the km file shortly... thanks for all your help guys..
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2004 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok i'm posting the diag files now, I tried myself one more time with one more remote and same result still not sending the right code...

The KM template is here:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/TV/Akai_PT4298HD.txt
I mapped the power button on mine to the power button on the remote I know is not punched through and I was on tv mode and the tv wasn't recieving it...
(I tested this template on my urc-8910 and all functions worked perfectly)

The remote after a 981, I didn't cap it before I started changing stuff on it but this should be close:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/millennium-noabc-981.txt

The remote with Akaki tv upgrade on it...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/millennium-noabc-akaki.txt
still sending wrong code...I tried 3 mil4's and none of them send the info right...

hopefully you see what I did wrong, let me know if you need anymore info or anything else..
thanks
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure whether this is the reason, but you are using setup code TV/0030 for your upgrade. This code is build-in too and it's NEC1 device 4. Try to change the setup code to 1044. You are using this number already in KM and in your key moves.

Uwe
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually tried that setup code originally, the 2nd time around I tried one that was already in use thinking it didn't like me adding a new one... but it doesn't actually matter what setup code I use it still sends the worng signal.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The KM file you loaded doesn't match the upgrade, but the upgrade itself looks fine (and I was able to make some changes in KM to re-create it). The channel buttons are still locked to cable, but if you were using the POWER button to test with, it should have worked.

I notice that you still have keymoves programmed to the MENU and INFO buttons which use the non-existant TV/1044 code, I'm not sure what would happen if you tried to use those keymoves.

I suspect that bad data is causing the remote to reset somehow. Here's something you could try, after you've loaded up the IR file into the remote, press a few buttons, then download the data. Then check to see if your upgrade is still there and that it's still assigned to the TV button.

When you tried learning the TV signals, what protocol and device code showed up? If it was RCA, device code 15 this confirms that the remote has reset itself because this is TV/0047 which is the default code that gets assigned to the TV button.

Have you tried to determine which version of Mil4 you have? From the data it looks like you have a B00, but you should try to perform the visual tests outlined in the RDFs.

Look around the JP-1 hole:

B00 has a heat-stamped Jxxxx# on the battery divider and may/may not have B00 on the right shelf. F labeled keys will use "P", (blank), and (blank) with the last three keys under the cover; otherwise it will be A,B,C with A,B,C.

B01 has a Jxxx# Heat-stamped on the Battery divider AND B01 on the right shelf;

B02 has no heat-stampings on the battery cover shelf(like B04); BUT, you can see Capacitor C-11 and component Y1 on the pcb looking into the JP-1 hole toward the bottom of the remote whereas on the B04 these components are not visible. B02 *has* FixedData of "13" at $017 (don't manually change this value) believed to be for Eeprom size of 1K

B04 (and B02) Have NO heat-stamped markings either place. Looking in the JP-1 hole toward the bottom of the remote on the pcb, B04 has no components visible, whereas B02 has a Capacitor (C-11), and component Y-1 visible.

4MXXXBJ8XXX: May have yellow/blue/red just above the sliding cover. Just below the JP-1 pins on the PCB can be seen the M4>M7 positions. You can't see the capacitor or Y1 on the PCB from the hole here. The 3 "Blank" keys ({lower}) are listed left->right. There's FixedData of $13 at $019 believed to be for Eeprom size of 1K, don't manually change this value. It is HIGHLY recommended that you use RM for upgrades, KM WILL work, but you'll have trouble keeping track of BUTTONS, especially below the sliding cover.
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

re the keymoves, KM set those up, I didn't do that.. I didn't even try
those buttons the TV has a led that blinks when it recieves any code from
it's OEM remote even with the power off and it never blinked with the MIL
remote.. (was also unresponsive to power button)

I think I tried that remote with the pwoer button before i downloading that dump but i'll
double check when I get home..

RCA 15 sounds farmiliar when I checked sending the code from the MIL to my 8910...
i'll double check that too...

i'm pretty sure it's a B00 i'll double check that too, but it definately has nothing stamped
I tried it on a B01 as well and it had the same result.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Guyfromhe wrote:
re the keymoves, KM set those up, I didn't do that...

KM would have created those keymoves when you installed the TV/1044 upgrade, but you then later deleted the upgrade without deleting the keymoves.
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i was doing some experimenting to see if I could get it to work, any reason you can see that would make the thing reset the code it was using?
when I tried hitting setup and selecting that code manually for TV it gave me a single long blink like an invalid code...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you do me a favor please. Could you use the Advanced > Initialize to $FF option in IR.exe (RC3) to clear out all the junk that's in the remote's memory, then do a 981 reset on the remote and take a fresh download. This will be what we call a virgin dump. Then do one keymove on the remote (ie, using the 994 procedure) and take another dump. Then either post both files in the Diagnosis Area or email them to me.
Guyfromhe

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok definatley a b00...
I did a ff dump to eeprom and then a 981 then downloaded it...
vir-gfh.txt is the file in the diag area...
I need to run i'll have to look up how to do a keymove in the manual or if you want to drop the procedure on here i'll do it when I get home...thanks for all the help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To do a keymove...

1) Press and hold SETUP, 2 flashes
2) Type 994, 2 flashes
3) Press a button (eg, CH+)
4) Press another button (eg, CH-), 2 flashes
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: