JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The new Motorola HCS08 Flash processor (JP1.2)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aldaweb

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:06 pm    Post subject: USB to Serial with JP1 serial Cable Reply with quote

Now I have a working rdf for my URC-7555 (thanks to Binky123) I've successfully uploaded an upgrade and downloaded from the remote using the USB to Serial cable attached to a JP1.x serial cable.

I've found I get the occasional 'unable to find jp1.2 interface' error but this s easily solved by unplugging the USB lead and then reconnecting.

Incidentally the URC-7555 has a small cut out for the pins which meant that an IDC 6-way plug would not fit. I ended up adding a modification between the IDC and remote made from cutting an electronic coin acceptor routing plug. Images:
JP120001.jpg
JP120002.jpg
JP120003.jpg
I don't know if this is common to any other new remotes.
nj7p

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 10:49 pm    Post subject: JP1.2 Reply with quote

I built the interface in the 1 Aug 06 document and omitted the three parts for JP1.1. I am using Remote Control Programmer Version 7.0 (beta2) and the RDF for a URC-10820. I have selected serial. When I attempt to read the remote, I get "The interface does not appear to have power." The JP1.2 plug is properly oriiented.

The red led on the URC-10820 does flash a couple of times.

Any idea what I have doen wrong? BTW, this is very good documentation! Thanks.

Bill
jetskier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 10:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try selecting JP1.x rather than serial. The Serial selection is for the JP1 interfaces not the JP1.2. IIRC, the JP1.2 interface only works on COM1.
aldaweb

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jetskier wrote:
Try selecting JP1.x rather than serial. The Serial selection is for the JP1 interfaces not the JP1.2. IIRC, the JP1.2 interface only works on COM1.

Actually I've used IR7.0 with a USB to serial interface on two different computers one with Com3 and the other with Com4.
nj7p wrote:
I built the interface in the 1 Aug 06 document and omitted the three parts for JP1.1. I am using Remote Control Programmer Version 7.0 (beta2) and the RDF for a URC-10820. I have selected serial. When I attempt to read the remote, I get "The interface does not appear to have power." The JP1.2 plug is properly oriiented.

The red led on the URC-10820 does flash a couple of times.

Any idea what I have doen wrong? BTW, this is very good documentation! Thanks.

Bill

Make sure the correct rdf is in the IR7.0 directory or it seems to assume it is JP1 unless you specify JP1.2. Also try a RAW download if all else fails.

I had this with the URC-7555 before the rdf was written even on Com1.
nj7p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:02 pm    Post subject: URC-10820 & JP1.2 Reply with quote

I set it for the JP1.X interface, loaded the RDF for the 10820 and now I get a "failed to open JP1.2 interface". I also tried the raw download option. From a new initialization of the ir program, I get several flashes on the URC-10820 LED before it returns the above message.
jetskier

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is still a bug in the JP1.2 drivers. Once it fails with that error message, you have to restart IR to reinitialize the driver/port. Even a check interface won't get it back.
nj7p

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 3:45 pm    Post subject: URC-10820 & JP1.2 Reply with quote

Thanks! That filled in the hole. I also found not all RS-232 cables are created equal. I had to find one the passed pins 2-5 straight through.

I have successfully downloaded the days work programming and learning the DirecTV PVR and my Tivo PVR. Now I can clone the "master" controller.
John_Doe72

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi! Where can i get JP1.2 interface schematics and instructions? Old file in this topic already is not exists. Thanks.
aldaweb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

John_Doe72 wrote:
Hi! Where can i get JP1.2 interface schematics and instructions? Old file in this topic already is not exists. Thanks.

Try here
aldaweb

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:28 pm    Post subject: URC-7780 OFA Stealth 1 Reply with quote

aldaweb wrote:
Now I have a working rdf for my URC-7555 (thanks to Binky123) I've successfully uploaded an upgrade and downloaded from the remote using the USB to Serial cable attached to a JP1.x serial cable.

I've found I get the occasional 'unable to find jp1.2 interface' error but this s easily solved by unplugging the USB lead and then reconnecting.

Incidentally the URC-7555 has a small cut out for the pins which meant that an IDC 6-way plug would not fit. I ended up adding a modification between the IDC and remote made from cutting an electronic coin acceptor routing plug. Images:
JP120001.jpg
JP120002.jpg
JP120003.jpg
I don't know if this is common to any other new remotes.

Just an update - the URC-7780 (OFA Stealth 12) has the same size and shape cut out for the JP1.2 pins as the URC-7555 (see photos)
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 10, 2007 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob!

Perhaps it's time to demote this thread from "sticky" status and relegate it to a "regular" discussion thread.

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8
Page 8 of 8

Jump to: