JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hacked X10 Works but have to hold button...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EditMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Hacked X10 Works but have to hold button... Reply with quote

I downloaded the hacked X10 to my 9910 but found I would have to hold the button down for the X10 Unit ON or OFF to work...

I know Im missing something simple here... How do I make the button automatically hold longer with just a simple push?

BTW... I had macros working for my non hacked version but the macros did not know which device to return to... (e.g. If I was watching a DVD and turned on my lights than I would program AUX, Unit On, then back to DVD for control. If I was watching a TV then I wanted to program AUX, Unit on, than back to my CBL box for control. I did not know how to program this function so the Hacked version of X10 with Keymover solved my needs except for the holding of the X10 button problem.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your results are surprising, I just checked the protocol code to verify that you should always get at least one occurance of the unit code signal and one occurance of the ON/OFF code signal. Are you controlling a regular IR543 box?

Could you do me a favor. Could you try loading the Simple hacked X10 upgrade and see if you need a long hold of the ON or OFF buttons. It's possible that your appliance modules need more than one repeat of the ON/OFF signal in order for them to respond. If this is the case, I will need to modify the hacked code to send more repetitions.

Just FYI, my appliance boxes respond to just one repetition.
EditMan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:07 pm    Post subject: Strange... Reply with quote

...The 9910 using AUX, Unit 1 and then Unit Off or Unit On works with a single short push. (eg. CHL+ and CH-) I have X10 wired switch - lamp modules (not appliance)... I suppose I could try an appliance module as well.... BTW - Its not that bad to have to hold the button for 2 sec so this is a great hack. Also if I push the hack "Unit On" key multiple times without actually holding it, (Say .5 sec intervals) the light will also not turn on.

Thanks for your support!!!!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The hacked protocol only gives one iteration of the unit code command, which is obviously OK, but it seems you need multiple iterations of the ON/OFF commands, which won't be too hard to do. I'll try to cook something up this weekend for you to try out.
EditMan

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be great thanks!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> X10 and Home Automation All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: