JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Clearmax 3000 Remote replacement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raekwon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:13 pm    Post subject: Clearmax 3000 Remote replacement Reply with quote

Hi

I lost my Clearmax 3000 remote and now I need a replacement. I found the codes for on this site at
http://www.hifi-remote.com/cgi-bin2/ueic.cgi?cbl_clearmax

I was wondering if the Radioshack 15-2103 remote would be sufficient to support this box or if I should get another remote from radioshack that's in the stores now

Thanks for any help

Rae
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That should work.
Raekwon

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help.

The clearmax has extra features like Mem1 and mem2, do you know if there are extra buttons on the 15-2103 that will support those extra buttons?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I included those buttons in the advanced code list that you linked to, so you can program them to buttons in the same way that you would program the other functions.

Just FYI, the signals generated by using the VCR/0037 code mentioned on that page are actually different to the signals generated by the original Clearmax remote, but they have been found to work.

If the 15-2103 ends up not working for any reason, I can pre-load a remote with the right code for you, if needed. I sell several different OFA models.
Raekwon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:12 pm    Post subject: Codes on Clearmax 3000 Reply with quote

Hi

I got the radioshack 15-2103 remote and the mem1 and m2 buttons don't seem to work. Whenever I program the M1 button I get the number 9. Does anyone know the correct codes for this cable box?

Thanks
Raekwon

"M1" EFC=245
"PG Lock" EFC=249
"PG Code Change" EFC=244
"M4" EFC=247
"M3" EFC=251
"M2" EFC=248
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I take it that the rest of the codes worked, is that correct? Which button are you trying to program the M1 code to? I ask because I know the 15-2103 has four buttons labelled Music, Movie, Sport and News, which would be ideal for the MEM functions, but these buttons are tricky to program.

If you are using one of those programs, please try program the code to a different button for now, just to verify whether it works or not. If it does, we'll try tackling how to program the Music, etc buttons.

If you still get the same results as before, here's a few more advanced codes that you can test to see if they do anything:

246, 250, 213, 217, 215, 219, 212, 216, 214, 218, 085, 089

There's a quick way to test codes like this, without programming them to buttons. To do that, press and release the SETUP button (ie, green P) and then type in the 3-digit code. Hold the last digit if you want to simulate holding the original button.
Raekwon

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, I'm going to let you know the results I get when I try it again. I tried programming the mem1 button to rewind, 1 and 9 buttons and even the down arrow button. I tried using the sports button and it didn't do anything. I will try again.

Thanks

Kelvin
Raekwon

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 12:39 am    Post subject: tried codes Reply with quote

Hey

I tried all the codes you gave me and the codes that were on the web page for clearmax 3000. It's funny because everything else works and the only thing I need are the mem1 and mem2 functions. Can I just try everything from 001-257 to find out the right code or will that not help?

Thanks

Raekwon
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The correct range is 000 thru 255, but yes, you can try them all to see what you find.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: