JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help needed with 5550 remote and Pioneer 344 DVD
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jonnienic

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 5:07 am    Post subject: Help needed with 5550 remote and Pioneer 344 DVD Reply with quote

I've been using a 7652 remote and had reasonable success but I have recently obtained a 5550 remote and I've been unable to find either an inbuilt code or a suitable device code for input to the RemoteMaster program for a Pioneer 344 DVD that works with the 5550.

The Pioneer DVD was controllable using DVD device code 625 on the 7652.

I've tried a number of Pioneer DVD device codes with the RemoteMaster program without success.

I have tried learning a sample of buttons from the Pioneer remote on the 7652, the results seemed inconsistent between the results of each button, what is the best forum to get help in understanding the learnt codes and how to translate this into a suitable device code for the RemoteMaster program ? or any other suggestions.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2004 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Help needed with 5550 remote and Pioneer 344 DVD Reply with quote

jonnienic wrote:
I have tried learning a sample of buttons from the Pioneer remote on the 7652, the results seemed inconsistent between the results of each button.

Did each learned signal show either...

a) a straight forward learn, listing the Pioneer protocol with a device code of 163

or

b) a learn showing two signals, both using the Pioneer protocol, where the first part has a device code of 163 and an OBC of 153, and the second part has a device code of 175 and a variable OBC.

If this is the case, then these are standard Pioneer DVD signals.
jonnienic

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 6:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the second example (b).

Each learnt button has multiple protocols. The first is pioneer 163, the second is pioneer 175 and the OBC changes for the second protocol. But but there is a third protocol that does vary. The third protocol always starts with the letters GAP. An example is GAP-524-1254-15? 35.

There is also a warning that part of the signal was sent after the button was released.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 03, 2004 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you have confirmed that the first two signals use the SAME protocol (ie, Pioneer) but with different device codes. This is exactly what the "Pioneer DVD" exec calls for, so read the description in KM or RM for additional assistance.

Ignore the GAP parts, those are just mis-decodes.
jonnienic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've noticed some learned codes only have one learnt command. For example the button for 1 has two codes, but the play button only has one code.

Eg the play button has a device code of 163 and OBC of 158 but the #1 button has a device of 163 and OBC of 153 and its second code has a device of 175 and a OBC of 161.

Is this right for the "Pioneer DVD" protocol ?

thanks.
jonnienic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've performed further tests and have used the same protocol (Pioneer DVD) and the OBC's for a select number of buttons and performed tests on my 5550 and my 7562.

The 7562 works and the 5550 doesn't. Any suggestions on the best way forward to diagnose the 5550 problems ?

thanks
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 7562 has the Pioneer DVD protocol on board, the 5550 doesn't. Did you have copy and paste the upgrade protocol to IR? If yes, then you have to select the Device Button Restriction in the Add Device Dialog of IR.

Uwe
jonnienic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 5550 has the 017E protocol loaded and the device button restriction is set to CD.

I've only implemented a small number of buttons (1,2,3,4,play and stop). The buttons 1,2,3,4 will work but no success with the PLAY and STOP buttons.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jonnienic wrote:
I've noticed some learned codes only have one learnt command. For example the button for 1 has two codes, but the play button only has one code.

Eg the play button has a device code of 163 and OBC of 158 but the #1 button has a device of 163 and OBC of 153 and its second code has a device of 175 and a OBC of 161.

Is this right for the "Pioneer DVD" protocol ?

thanks.

This is from the "Protocol Help" section of KM...

Quote:
Pioneer DVD / Pioneer DVD2:

If some functions send a signal with NEC2 device code 163, but
some of the other functions send a two-part signal where the first
part is NEC2, device 163, command 153, and the second part is
NEC2, device 175, with various command codes, this is the Pioneer
DVD or Pioneer DVD2 protocol. The correct way to enter these codes
is as follows:

device code 1 = 163
device code 2 = 175
parm/dev3 = 153

If you leave the fields blank, keymap-master will default to those
values as they are the only known ones used by this protocol.

To determine the OBC or EFC values: for the 163 single-part
signals, use the command code (OBC or EFC). For the two-part
signals, use the command code from the 175 signal (OBC or EFC).

Note: there is a typo in the current KM where device code 163 is referred to as 165 in the first para.
jonnienic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2004 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When using the same protocol (Pioneer DVD) and configuration generation via either KM or RM, it will work on a URC-7562 but not fully with the 5550 IE some buttons won't work.

The buttons that don't work on the 5550 are single part commands. I've also noticed that some buttons can be configured in RM or KM but won't work at all. The remote's led doesn't even signal a button push.

At this point I'm happy to believe I should be using Pioneer DVD as the protocol and that my problem is associated with either the implementation of the Pioneer DVD protocol in the 5550 or a problem that causes some buttons not to be configured correctly.

Any thoughts or suggestions are appreciated.
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Put your upgrades files and your dump files (both from 7562 and 5550) in a zip file and load it up, so one of use can take a look.

Uwe
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Be sure to include your IR dumps with the learned signals in them.
jonnienic

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2004 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My test configs and learnt codes can be found at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/pioneer-344-5550.zip

At this point I believe my problem is that some of the codes are appearing on the wrong buttons on the 5550 eg play is appearing on rew and stop is appearing on rec. I could be wrong but the article http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1585 is some what similar to my issue.

thanks
uwereinert
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 3:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
At this point I believe my problem is that some of the codes are appearing on the wrong buttons on the 5550 eg play is appearing on rew and stop is appearing on rec. I could be wrong but the article http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=1585 is some what similar to my issue.

You are right. But creating your upgrade as a CD device and assing it to the CD device button should do the trick.

Uwe
jonnienic

PostPosted: Sat Nov 06, 2004 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It works.

Many thanks to Rob and Uwe for the assistance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: