JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

JP1, RS 2117, RCA VCR query.....

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lurker1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 4:58 pm    Post subject: JP1, RS 2117, RCA VCR query..... Reply with quote

Wondering if someone could give me some assistance on a programming issue.

I recently purchased an RCA (VRD120HF) Dual-Deck VCR which came w/o a remote. Using JP1 what would be the best way to ensure full device functionality with my RS 2117 remote. You see, when looking for the closest match among (RCA) advance codes I noticed that the best match (0060) didn't include the 2 commands that I (probably) can't do without.

1) Copy (button which allows VCR2 to copy tapes from VCR1 - 0060 has a "dub" function but this is for the "audio (only) dub" feature on the VCR).
2) Toggle between decks (VCR1 & VCR2).

I've spent some time searching for a full device code but have been unable to find one that helps me reach my goal.

Can anyone provide me some direction on how best to accomplish this task.

Perhaps a RCA file dump/upgrade that contains the needed codes. Or another JP1 solution that would solve the problem and allow full functionality with the remote. Or another set of codes that I could use to program the remote. At this point any suggestion/workaround would be helpful.

As a first time poster I hope that I explained the problem well enough to others to understand. And thanks to any and all that can help.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unless someone here has one of these remotes and has captured the signals, you're best bet is to try all un-accounted for EFCs in the range 000 thru 255 to see if you can find the missing functions.

Do they sell this VCR in stores? If so, you could take your 15-2116 down to the store and capture the signals from the in-store remote.
Lurker1

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 5:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
you're best bet is to try all un-accounted for EFCs in the range 000 thru 255 to see if you can find the missing functions.

Do they sell this VCR in stores? If so, you could take your 15-2116 down to the store and capture the signals from the in-store remote.

A) This looks like my best bet (grrrr).
B) I haven't seen the model in the store, but if I do........

Question Robman in your (noted) experience what's the most widely used advanced code with RCA VCR's? I'm going to use 0060 but perhaps there are one or two others that I should look at. I THINK read in an earlier thread, in which you posted, that RCA devices also use the same advanced codes as GE and Samsung. If so perhaps this is a routethat I need to try.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2004 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lurker1 wrote:
Question Robman in your (noted) experience what's the most widely used advanced code with RCA VCR's? I'm going to use 0060 but perhaps there are one or two others that I should look at. I THINK read in an earlier thread, in which you posted, that RCA devices also use the same advanced codes as GE and Samsung. If so perhaps this is a routethat I need to try.

VCR/0060 is a SETUP code, not an ADVANCED code. VCR/0060 is RCA, device code 14, which is what all RCA VCR's use, and if your VCR responds to all the regular buttons that comprise this setup code, you've got the right one. What you're looking for are a couple of functions that UEI chose not to program as part of that setup code, most likely because they didn't exist at the time the setup code was created.

As you're a JP1 user, the process of testing missing EFCs is alot easier. If you start with this file; RCA VCR .txt you will see all the known functions. Then, you can program new upgrades that contain all the missing OBCs, load them up to your remote and try them by pressing buttons.

The old fasioned, pre-JP1, method is to use the SETUP+nnn method.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: