JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

"Region Free" code for Pioneer DVD players
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big C

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:29 am    Post subject: Thanks for the WAV! Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
I've created a wave file for the upgrade for URC-8910 here. After loading the upgrade, you need to set the VCR or DVD setup code to VCR/2000, then press the POWER button to send the signal. URC-10820 is not sound file upgradeable so there's no point in make the sound file for it.

I've made a JP1.2 version of the upgrade code and protocol above:

Upgrade Code 0 = 27 D0 (VCR/2000) Pioneer Region Free DVD (RM v1.85)
FF 00 11 3A C5 66 99 0A F5 4A
End

Upgrade protocol 0 = 00 FF (HCS08) Manual Settings (RM v1.85)
20 15 21 43 61 CF 44 00 08 01 09 01 0E 01 09 03
2A C3 3C 10 9A 08 43 6E 04 AA 4E 66 67 B6 67 A8
FE B7 67 3F A9 CD FF 5F 6E 04 A9 CD FF 5F CD FF
92 25 F0 81
End

I tested it quickly tested it and it seems to be sending the same signal as the original code for S3C8+ based remotes. As I mentioned in your other post, are you sure this would work for Region 1 player?
Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work with my URC 10820. I'm a good software and remote programmer, but I am not good with a soldering iron. Amazon has the 8910 for $25. I couldn't find any brand new JP1.2 cables at resellers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, J and R, B&H, RadioShack, etc.? Wish me luck. I just went to Amazon and ordered the 8910. For confirmation that my this procedure will work on my US model, go to http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks and search for XV-HTD540 and HTD-540DV. I forget which it was under. If I am successful with this, I will let you know and then recommend that you e-mail your WAV to support@pioneerfaq.info. Thanks. Weren't you on AVS yesterday? Cool! We crossed paths!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big box retail JP1 doesn't exist. It's a home brewed hacker project. Please do consider buying a cable here, though and support the brilliant efforts of the people who are helping you right now, and who figured all this stuff out and made it work to begin with. THIS cable is the best.

Last edited by mdavej on Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:59 am; edited 1 time in total
Capn Trips
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 8:57 am    Post subject: Re: Thanks for the WAV! Reply with quote

Big C wrote:
Are JP1.2 cables available at resellers such as Amazon, Best Buy, Circuit City, J and R, B&H, RadioShack, etc.? If so, how much are those cables brand new?
Not available at retailers. Try Tommy Tyler (check out the Marketplace section of the forum). He's probably the most reliable current provider (and since he's the designer and builder, you're likely to get pretty good customer support).

Remotes: OFA XSight Touch, AR XSight Touch
TVs: LG 65" Smart LED TV; Samsung QN850BF Series - 8K UHD Neo QLED LCD TV
RCVR: Onkyo TX-SR875; Integra DTR 40.3
DVD/VCR: Pioneer DV-400VK (multi-region DVD), Sony BDP-S350 (Blu-ray), Toshiba HD-A3 (HD-DVD), Panasonic AG-W1 (Multi-system VCR);
Laserdisc: Pioneer CLD-D704.
Amazon Firestick
tape deck: Pioneer CT 1380WR (double cassette deck)
(But I still have to get up for my beer)
Big C

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 6:31 pm    Post subject: No Success with the WAV! Reply with quote

After I unpacked my new 8910, I chose 'Upgrade,' hit 'SELECT' twice so the remote would listen for the WAV. I opened it with Windows Media player and I got an error message on the 8910. I tried it at high and low volumes. I understand that the microphone is behind the device keys. Does that mean the keys should touch the PC speaker, or the back of the remote in that area should touch the PC speaker? Thanks.
kupakai

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just tried it myself on my 8910 and it accepted the upgrade fine. The microphone is around where the power key is (more or less what you said). You can put the remote right up against the speaker, and the volume doesn't have to be too loud. I did it with the speaker on a laptop with the volume on a low setting and it worked.

What error message are you getting? Is the red LED on the top blinking while the you are playing the wav file?
Big C

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:33 am    Post subject: A Few Things Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
I just tried it myself on my 8910 and it accepted the upgrade fine. The microphone is around where the power key is (more or less what you said). You can put the remote right up against the speaker, and the volume doesn't have to be too loud. I did it with the speaker on a laptop with the volume on a low setting and it worked.

What error message are you getting? Is the red LED on the top blinking while the you are playing the wav file?
As a computer monitor, I am using a Philips 19" screen with speakers built into the front of it. The video is connected via VGA, and the audio is connected via analog. Which part of the remote should be against the speaker, the keypad or the back of the remote? I'm not sure if this means anything to you, but it seems as though when I put the 8910 in VCR mode, it says 'PHONO.' Also, there is another number after the model number. Does 'B00' have any significance to my problem? One more thing. I read Braille and require extra screen magnification, as well as rely on sited assistance.
Big C

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 10:01 am    Post subject: Mission Accomplished! Reply with quote

I used an earplug-style earphone. It turns out that precision is very important. I then sent the signal to my Pioneer and it now plays my favorite Andrew Lloyd Webber DVDs from England! To the creator of the WAV file, do I have your permission to e-mail the guy who runs www.pioneerfaq.info telling him that you can do this with an inexpensive One for All with the modem upgrade feature, as well as giving him a link to your WAV? If you would rather do this, his e-mail is support@pioneerfaq.info. Thank you, guys. You guys are great. I have been waiting almost three years for this! As soon as my Yamaha changers become useless, I'm getting myself a Pioneer Elite DV-48AV! I'll catch you in Pioneer DVD threads at other forums real soon.
kupakai

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Mission Accomplished! Reply with quote

Big C wrote:
To the creator of the WAV file, do I have your permission to e-mail the guy who runs www.pioneerfaq.info telling him that you can do this with an inexpensive One for All with the modem upgrade feature, as well as giving him a link to your WAV?

It's great you got it working. You most certainly can send him the info, but all I did was make a wav file from the upgrade for JP1 remote that Rob created earlier in this thread (and which he already has on the website). In fact I think the guy running that site might be "Hakan" on the second page of this thread. I uploaded the wav file on this site here:

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=5558
Big C

PostPosted: Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:26 pm    Post subject: Bad News Reply with quote

I just got a Pioneer Elite DV-58AV and I sent that signal I sent to my 2004 US model DVD receiver. The DV-58AV turned off, but unfortunately is still spitting out all my Region 2 DVDs! Are the files found at Remote Central and Pioneer FAQ the exact same signal that was converted to WAV? If not, would someone be kind enough to convert them to WAV files compatible with the URC 8910? These, as well as any other Pioneer multi-region signals, would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.
kupakai

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2008 9:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Bad News Reply with quote

Big C wrote:
Are the files found at Remote Central and Pioneer FAQ the exact same signal that was converted to WAV?

I took a look at it and the signal defined as "PDB-DVD-0" in the file at Remote Central is the same as the one you had previously.
Big C

PostPosted: Tue Sep 02, 2008 5:07 pm    Post subject: I can't believe it! Reply with quote

kupakai wrote:
Big C wrote:
Are the files found at Remote Central and Pioneer FAQ the exact same signal that was converted to WAV?

I took a look at it and the signal defined as "PDB-DVD-0" in the file at Remote Central is the same as the one you had previously.
So I guess sometime within these past four years, Pioneer's U.S. manufacturor in California decided to wize up, check on us, and outhack us. I guess all I can do is be happy it worked on one of my Pioneer players. As far as my new DV-58AV, it looks like I'll be moving on to copying all my Region 2 DVDs on to DVD+RDLs. Of course, being that Onkyos are Pioneer based, maybe there are other new signals out there for me to send to my new player.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: