JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RS 15-2116 Master Power?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ciramjo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:03 am    Post subject: RS 15-2116 Master Power? Reply with quote

I have a Radio Shack 15-2116 and I want to program the Power button to turn on all of my components at once. The manual implies you can do this, but it doesn't say how. If I try to program a macro into the power button, I get an error message (Invalid key). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It sounds like you are not using jp1 with the message you are getting. With jp1 this is a lot easier to do but can be done with the native macro command. First off if you are putting a macro on the power button it can not include the power button so that is probably why you are getting the message. So, what you need to do is using keymover put the power command for each device on a different button that you are not using. Then create the macro on the power button with a macro that looks something like this

TV;xxxx;DVD;xxxx;YYYY where xxxx is the button you selected to put power on. YYYY is the device you want to end up with the remote in.
ciramjo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply Nils. You are right, I am not using JP1. I can't do what you suggest, because I am getting the error message as soon as I indicate that the power key is the key I want to program (the object of the macro). In other words, it will not let me program any macro into the power key. However, in the section of the manual called "Using My System" they note that "A Macro on the POWER key (if applicable) will carry over to the My System mode". But nowhere does it tell you how to program a macro on the power key, or indicate that it can't be done.

John
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have been using jp1 on my 2116 for so long I forget what buttons can and can not be used for macros in the native fashion. There are less limitations in the 2116/2117 than other remotes but still not wide open unless you use jp1.

The only other thing I can think to try is to try to put the macro on the power button when in My System mode. If that does not work you may be stuck making the power macro on another button.

If you decide to go the jp1 route you will be pleasantly surprised at the things that your remote will be able to do.
ciramjo

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Update! I just called RS tech support. They told me that the 2116 power key will not take a macro (how dumb is that!). Would this still be a limitation if I use JP1?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 29, 2004 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ciramjo wrote:
Update! I just called RS tech support. They told me that the 2116 power key will not take a macro (how dumb is that!). Would this still be a limitation if I use JP1?

Basically, there are no restrictions using jp1. Macros on any button by default and many other benefits if you use an extender. By the way, an extender is a piece of software that you load into the remote which takes control of the remote to provide additional functionality like faster macros, device specific macros, long and double keypress etc.
bulldog485

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2005 2:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up putting the power macro to the +100 button. I used the following macro: "+100" = CBL, POWER, TV, POWER, VCR, POWER, AUDIO, POWER, MYSYSTEM. This allowed me to turn off all my major components with one button pushed.

But DUDE, today I received my JP1 cable and have started screwing around and the first thing I did was move the macro to the AUX key because I kept hitting the +100 key in error. It might seem like a impossible challenge, but I'm going to learn this JP1 stuff if it kills me... So far, with two hours of messing around with my JP1 interface, I've learned some things (with much much more to learn) and know that the money spent was a good investment in making this $30 remote act like a $300 remote.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: