JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Timed Macros/KeyMoves -- Possible?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ti83programmer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2004 10:54 pm    Post subject: Timed Macros/KeyMoves -- Possible? Reply with quote

I'm wondering if there's an OFA (or RS) JP1 remote that has a built-in clock that I could take advantage of to do a specific action based on the time. For example, maybe I want a macro that turns on all devices in a room at a certain time...is that physically possible?
If so...that leads me to my next question. Is this kind of thing built into the remote or would I need to write a special protocol or modify an extender to do this? This might've been asked before, and if so, I think the answer was to add a couple lines of code to the extender that checks the time, and if it is that time, invoke the key you want. What remotes have a clock? 8910? 9910?

Whew, that was a lot of questions. I hope I got my point across well enough.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 2004 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since all the really knowledgeable people are asleep by now (and I will soon be following suit) , I'll pass on what I know. The "Producer 8" series (URC-8800 for instance) have timed macros just for the purpose you want. I don't know if any of them are in current production , however. I just bought 2 "A/V Producer8"'s (the 8800) from Rob but I am still experimenting. They seem to have some internal limitations on their operation due to older designs but there are some interesting extenders for them. The one I'm playing with will upload the correct time from the PC when you load the extender and is supposed to retain timed settings. Apparently normal resets with IR.exe require resetting some things after an upload or download.

You might want to check the archives on the OneForAll site on the older remotes' features and check with Rob to see what he has in stock.

It seems to me that all the current models only have a sleep timer that might be hackable to execute macros but not in a very usefull way.
kdp99

PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2004 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi

I have been using the Topline 8 (and 5) for one for several years, initially without JP1.

Both these remotes have a timer and can execute timed macros. With out the JP1/IR interface they were good, with it they are great.

I am not sure if they are made anymore, but you can usually pick one up on ebay for £10 to £20.

Hope this helps.

Keith
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: