JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

X10 camera

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stardrifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:21 am    Post subject: X10 camera Reply with quote

I just got an IR543 ,i have 3 x10 wireless cameras in use, I have a 15-1994 remote, does anyone know if the factory codes in 15-1994 work the x10 cameras, or does anyone have an upgrade code?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you normally work the camera? Do you have an X10 remote? If so, is it a universal? If it is, it probably sends both RF and IR signals, which means you could learn the relevant signals from the X10 remote using your 15-1994.
stardrifter

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the remote that came with the cameras is uhf only, but it also works lights , etc., i have been playing around with this and the 15-1994 will turn the camera's on and off, but these camera's have robotic pan n tilt and that is what i'm interested in finding the codes to be able to do that, anyone else have the x10 tiny wireless camera's?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the HOME/0167 setup code that's built into the 15-1994 to work the camera? (ie, the code that's pre-assigned to the Plug & Power button).

If so, that confirms that the camera responds to normal X10 signals. My guess is that the CH+/- buttons turn the camera on and off, and I would further guess that the VOL+/- buttons will pan & tilt.

If you were to take a look at the X10 upgrade files in the file section, you will notice that all the functions use OBCs in the 0 thru 28 range, but there are a few gaps. These gaps could potentially be additional functions for your camera:

The gap OBCs are: 17, 19, 21, 23, 25, 27, (29 and up)

If you're using the built in HOME/0167 code, those OBCs translate to the following EFCs: 240, 241, 112, 113, 048, 049
sub0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or the pan/tilt could be on a different unit code. One of X-10's usual trick (eg on the Hawkeye motion detector) is to use a unit code that is one above or below the "normal" code set for the unit.

Try a unit code that is one or two away from the unit's set code.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wouldn't there be a danger of the camera controls turning on a light or something if that were the case?
sub0

PostPosted: Thu Oct 07, 2004 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Wouldn't there be a danger of the camera controls turning on a light or something if that were the case?

Guess there would be. That was one of the peeve against the Hawkeye. People who set it to motion control a light, might find another light (one unit code higher, if I recall correctly) activated by dusk/dawn changes. Its actually in the Hawkeye documentation.

Given that X-10 only has ON, OFF, DIM and BRIGHT commands, they have to go to another unit code to get more functions. The Hawkeye, btw is packaged with some of their cameras as their motion detectors. I certainly agree the Dim/Bright commands should be the logical ones for the pan/tilt but X-10 can be goofy.

BTW, the wireless part of the camera is primarily used to send video/audio. The X10 signals goes to a modified power unit with std X10 house/unit switches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: