JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

6131 strange behavior! "forgets" keymoves?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
starmanj

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 9:21 pm    Post subject: 6131 strange behavior! "forgets" keymoves? Reply with quote

I have a non-extended Robman 6131, programmed for a Sony Wega KV-34XBR800 HDTV (protocol 27) and a Dish 501 PVR (protocol 02). All my devices have volume punch-through enabled. But for some reason, it won't work for my Dish PVR device. Oddly, VPT volume changes work if I use it immediately after programming. As soon as I push any other Dish PVR button, it stops working!

It's as if my 6131 "forgets" the VPT code as soon as I use the PVR keys. I next tried a direct keymove using IR.exe. Same behavior-- works right after programming until I push any other PVR device key.

Has anyone seen this behavior before? Robman?

PS who do we have to bribe to get IR to recognize the 6131's hex code quirks? I would have thought, as popular as the 6131 is, the author would fix IR.

Thanks!
Starmanj

Last edited by starmanj on Thu Sep 30, 2004 7:07 am; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 29, 2004 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recognize the symptoms that you describe. Have you tried downloading using IR right after it stops working to see if anything's changed? Maybe you should post your IR file so we can see if there's anything obviously wrong with your setup.

As for IR.exe, here's the story. The original author, Mark Pauker, has got busy with real life and hasn't had any time available for JP1 stuff for quite a while. We're still getting new IR features because a new guy, paul Hives, has taken it over, but while he's able to add new features easily enough, delving into the old code is another story. So, until either (a) Mark has some more free time for us, or (b) Paul finds some serious study time (to learn how the old code works) we're kinda stuck with what we have.
starmanj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Robman. I uploaded both .IR and .txt files to the Yahoo forum,
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/for%20robman.IR

is the link to the .IR file.

It's frustrating not to be able to use my TV volume keys--I appreciate any pointers. Perhaps it has something to do with different protocols being used by the TV and PVR devices.

Thanks,
Starmanj
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that was easy. You created your PVR device upgrade using CABLE mode, whereas the device mode native to the PVR button is "VCR/DVD". It's a well known fact that when you change the device mode of a device button, you break VPT.

As for the keymoves of the volume buttons, it looks like you created these in IR by hand, which is not a good idea with the URC-6131 (because IR doesn't understand the 6131's keymove format). You should use 994 to copy them from the TV device on the remote itself, which would give you 1-byte hex codes of $C1 (vol+) , $E1 (vol-) and $41 (mute).

So, the best way to fix the VPT is to re-create your PVR upgrade using PVR mode (aka VCR or DVD), but you could also do it using keymoves but either do it on the remote itself or use the hex codes that I supplied for you.

What isn't clear is why VPT worked even for just the first time. Smile

Btw, I had to fix your link to use it, so please read the "how to" thread about posting links for next time.
starmanj

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2004 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A thousand pardons on all counts. Thanks again for your quick and clear help. I used the keymaster from another source for the 501 PVR which had it set to that mode, so never questioned it.

Thanks!! I'm excited to finish unleashing my 6131!
Starmanj
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Enjoy! Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: