JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with UR-6131 and Panasonic XR-50 Receiver

View previous topic :: View next topic  
GTuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:11 am    Post subject: Help with UR-6131 and Panasonic XR-50 Receiver Reply with quote

I bought a new receiver and can't get it working quite right. I can get it to switch between almost all of the inputs via the keypad. 1 for tuner, 5 for PVR, 9 for TV, 0 for CD. Nothing on the remote will switch it to DVD. Is there anyway to get it to work. I can't find any advanced codes for 1518. Thanks.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a JP1 enabled 6131 and a JP1 cable?
If so then it's easy. Just download and use one of the Panasonic upgrades from our file area.

If you don't have JP1, I think what you want is impossible.
Audio/1518 doesn't work with advanced codes.

Some of its commands are also in Audio/0303 or Audio/0309, both of which do work with advanced codes, so some of the commands that are missing from Audio/1518 can be filled in using advanced codes from Audio/0303 or Audio/0309.

BUT the command for DVD input select seems to be in another set that, as far as I can tell, can't be generated by any setup code built-in on the 6131.
GTuck

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 8:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have a JP1 enabled 6131 or cable. What would I need to do to do that?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A store bought URC-6131 is missing 2 crutial parts, those being the 2k EEPROM that holds all of the upgrade programming and the 6-pin connector that you use to connect the remote to your PC. So first things first, your remote needs to be modified to work with JP1. I sell modified URC-6131 remotes if you'd rather buy one that's ready to go.

You will also need a JP1 cable, which I can include with a remote purchase, or you can buy seperately from the following 2 vendors:

http://www.hovisdirect.com
http://www.jp1.filebug.com

Then, of course, you'll need to learn how to use JP1 itself, but you're at the right place to find out about that. Start with this doc...

http://www.hifi-remote.com/jp1/help/
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: