JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Discrete for Toshiba 30HF84 TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jev3gs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 5:45 pm    Post subject: Discrete for Toshiba 30HF84 TV Reply with quote

Anyone know if the Toshiba 30HF84 has a discrete on and off. If not anyone know if any 30" HD Tube have a discrete on and off?
jev3gs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So far I have no luck. I have tried EFC 006 and 010, which supposedly
work for the 30HF83, but apparently it doesn't work with the 30HF84. I can't believe Toshiba would make a change like that.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What setup code where you using when you tested those EFCs? I'm hoping that it was TV/0156. How did you test them? Are you pretty confident that you followed the procedure correctly?
jev3gs

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 9:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I used setup 1156 so it wouldn't over write the default code in the controller for that TV. Protocol name: NEC1, which is the same as the 30HF83 before it. My remote is 15-2117. Has anyone got a discrete On/Off to work on 30HF84 yet? I can't believe Toshiba would have it in the 83, but pull it out of the 84.

I am pretty confident I did it correctly. This is the 4th device I have programed into my remote now. I could of made a mistake, but I have tried it numerous times. Oh man this is driving me crazy
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2004 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, by using an upgrade that you created, you've introduced a few more variables into the equation. If you're primary goal was to verify whether those EFCs work or not, it would have been a much better idea to first test them by themselves using the built in TV/0156 code, using either the SETUP+nnn method or keymoves.

However, if your upgrade works for all the other TV functions then I'm guessing you did it correctly and maybe your set doesn't support the discretes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Discrete Codes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: