JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

device upgrade for viewsonic N3020w lcd tv?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nadegda

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, next time I will do just that. I figured having in forum would save bandwidth. But you are somewhat right, of course. All too many users don't use search buttin enough. I mean, I just learned couple of buttons, saw Sampo protocol, figured there was no such thing in KM or RM, just searched for "sampo" and was right back in bussiness, plus bonus of discretes. I am sure you wish ALL users would go through the same process before asking questions Smile
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, when you go through the "Upload File" process, you have the option of using a link rather than actually adding a file, so what I do in these cases is copy the link of the old file into the new file entry. The net result is that both entries in the database are pointing to the same physical file.
elorimer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The posted file also works on my new Maxent 42 inch plasma. That is, when I learned the codes I wanted to be using, including discrete input codes, onto my 15-1994 remote, I came up with the same Emerson and subdevice codes. Thus, the component1, component2, av1, av2, power on and power off codes decode as the subdevice, and wide and power decode as the Emerson device.

I imported the posted file into RM and used RM to assign those discrete codes to buttons and pasted the result into IR. The discrete codes (not the Emerson codes) show up as key moves from the TV device to the TV device. The Emerson codes work but not the discrete codes.

So, what am I missing about the discrete codes? I confess I haven't dealt with a mixed device like this, so if it's something I've missed I would appreciate being pointed in the right direction.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We need to see your IR files (one with the learned signals, and one with the upgrade loaded) as well as your RM file. Upload them to the Diagnosis Area, then come back here and post links to them. If you don't post links, even if you post the file names, no one is going to go looking for your files.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
elorimer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is my RM upgrade file: Maxent upgrade
This is the Sampo panel upgrade in this thread, with the AV1/AV2/Component1/Component2 inputs assigned to the phantom buttons, and the discrete on/off assigned to the discrete on/off buttons.

Here is the IR file using the upgrade: 1994 IR file
In the IR file I've also learned to keys shift-1 through shift-6 of the TV device the four discrete input codes and the discrete on and off keys, which all seem to be the same as those in the Sampo panel upgrade.

I'd be grateful if someone would point me in the right direction.
elorimer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2005 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By way of an update, I've learned all of the codes from the remote that comes with the Maxent MX-42x3, and they are all identical to the Sampo codes in the file posted earlier in the thread. There are four new codes (Subchannel up/down, smartID and add/skip) as well, but these do not work on this TV. Several other codes don't work either, of course, because this is just a monitor.

I constructed an upgrade with just the 45:10 codes I wanted to use (the four discrete inputs and discrete on/off) assigned to buttons 1-6 (thus, no keymoves), and that cutdown upgrade works. If I assign an Emerson code to the upgrade, I can't get that code to work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: