JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Radio Shack 2-IN-1 REMOTE CONTROL and Toshiba TV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tconn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 8:24 am    Post subject: Radio Shack 2-IN-1 REMOTE CONTROL and Toshiba TV Reply with quote

Hi.

I have a RS 2-IN-1 REMOTE CONTROL for use with my Toshiba CX29582 29" tv (about 10 years old). Anyway I have used various forms of this remote like the 4 in 1 version. It got wrecked in a flood so I just bought the 2-1. The reason I like these remotes is that the video function for the toshiba works with the remotes A/B button. The problem is that for some reason it won't work for this remote. As I have said I have used many remotes from RS and the AB button has ALWAYS worked. Any ideas?

Also since I have mastered the URC-4041 with my APEX DVD, I thought maybe you have a similar setup (advanced) codes for my toshiba TV. With the RS contoller I have never been able to access SAP, or Audio adjustments (i.e bass, treble and picture adjustments, and timer). Maybe if you have a method I will switch to the URC instead of the RS to get FULL functionality.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Check Rob's Advanced Code listing to see if the setup code used to control the TV is listed. If it is, check to see if any of those functions are listed and set them up as key moves.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is the model number of the RS remote and does it have numeric buttons? If so, does it support the 994 keymover function (try it and see)? If it does, and you're using TV/0156 to control your TV, you will find all the advanced codes that you need on my site (I have a Toshiba TV also).
tconn

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Model number for the R/S 2 in 1 is 15-1989.
If I can use the 994 keymover, and it is a TV/0156, is the procedure the same as it was for adding codes to my URC 4041? I would also like your opipion on perhaps using the URC 4041 instead, because it has many many more options then the limited R/S remote. The R/S does have a numeric keypad. TV button Cable button and a few others...can't remember.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tconn wrote:
The Model number for the R/S 2 in 1 is 15-1989. If I can use the 994 keymover, and it is a TV/0156, is the procedure the same as it was for adding codes to my URC 4041?

Yes it is.

tconn wrote:
I would also like your opinion on perhaps using the URC-4041 instead, because it has many many more options then the limited R/S remote.

That's up to you, go with whichever you prefer.
tconn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried entering the codes last night, on both the RS and the URC. They both excepted the TV/0156 code, but when I tried to enter the advanced codes (I found on Robs site) they would not except them.
What I did was (with the URC)
1. Hold set (wait for 2 flashes)
2. Type 994 (2 flsahes)
3. enter advance code (e.g 123 (MTS)
when I get to that it does the (2 flashes) after entering 1 of the 123 code. I can't finish the code.

The R/S won't do it at all, except the TV/0156 code.
This is not a big deal. With the URC I did get TV/Video working without having to assign it, but it would be nice to access the SAP/MTS option. Without a remote I can't change it from the TV itself.
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tconn wrote:

1. Hold set (wait for 2 flashes)
2. Type 994 (2 flsahes)
3. enter advance code (e.g 123 (MTS)
when I get to that it does the (2 flashes) after entering 1 of the 123 code. I can't finish the code.

You forgot an important step. The short press of Set before entering the advanced code (after entering the 994).

Because you missed that, you've done KeyMoves onto one or more of the digit Keys that now need to be cleared out. We have discussed here both the way of clearing all the KeyMoves with the 980 command and the way of clearing one KeyMove with a 994 command.
tconn

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yup you are right!!
I did forget that, and that is exactly what happened!! I did have to clear all the codes (I did remember how to do that)
I was doing it from memory last night, and I totally missed that step!

Thanks a lot I will do it the right way tonight.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: