JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

any knowledge of the RCA VH920 a/v switch programming
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hodaka

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know this thread is kind of old, but this was the only source I found that actually helped me and I just wanted to say thanks.. I used my OFA URC 6131 to program in the codes for the VH920 and then taught them to my Harmony. The harmony database entry for the RCA VH-920 simply does not work..

I don't have a JP1 cable, so I was unable to teach my 6131 the Laserdisk code, but the DVD, Satellite and VCR codes worked like a charm. The AUX1 and AUX2 codes were programmable into my 6131, but as zaphod7501 pointed out, those codes didn't appear to do anything.

With the VH920 lacking any type of non-volatile backup, I'm not even going to try and make those buttons learn another remote code. I have everything on UPSes, but I still have a habit of messing around with cables or moving things around once a month and it's not worth reprogramming every time. Instead, I'm just going to daisy chain my other a/v switch where I have my consoles. It's no big deal to push the button while I'm up putting in a game and turning on the console anyway, but it would have been nice for future growth if the AUX1/2 had default codes that worked.

I may order or make a JP1 cable, but I've asked Logitech support via email to program the discrete code for the Laserdisk into my setup since I can't teach it right now. I have informed them of the problems with their database and given them the discrete codes from here, so I hope they'll use those to fix the entries, however I have my doubts about how seriously my request will be taken..

It's funny, my Harmony is more expensive and once you get things setup, it's nice to be able to punch one button, but I think my 6131s are better made and in some ways easier to use and at a price that can't be beat.. My 6131s have been dropped a lot without even showing a scratch, but I've already had to do some pretty difficult repairs to my 636 after it got dropped just a couple of times (all companies should let a 2yr old stress test their products).

Anyway, I'm straying.. I just wanted to say thank you..I was about 2 clicks away from order a VH915 because it has a remote I could use to teach the Harmony..
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: