JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony Television - discrete input selections for coax inputs?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
todd_i

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:20 am    Post subject: Sony Television - discrete input selections for coax inputs? Reply with quote

I am setting up a remote for my brother in-law, who has a 56" Sony widescreen projection TV. Other than the PVR721 settings, the remote is working pretty well.

I found discrete input selections for Sony Video1-6. But, he has his two satellite receivers coming into the Antenna and AUX antenna inputs, and I haven't found any discrete selections for those. Changing to the coaxial inputs seems to require changing one mode toggle of the Video mode, then changing between antenna and aux is another toggle.

I'm wondering if there are any other Sony TV users here, and if anyone has suggestions/experiences they can relate. Thanks for any help!
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked here and didn't see anything but a toggle. Why not solve the problem (and improve the image and sound quality) by connecting the satellite receivers with s-video/audio connections to the AV inputs that do have discrete commands.
todd_i

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
I just looked here and didn't see anything but a toggle. Why not solve the problem (and improve the image and sound quality) by connecting the satellite receivers with s-video/audio connections to the AV inputs that do have discrete commands.

Yes, you're right.. That was going to be my next step, but adding cables adds expense and work for my brother in-law. I thought I would check to see if there was something I had missed before going that route. I think that configuration also had something to do with the PiP capabilities of the TV. But, I think we'll go the route of installing S-Video cables.

Thanks for the reply.
zaphod7501

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2004 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a discrete TV tuner selection in case you missed it (OBC 36 , EFC 243) but it will always go the last antenna selected (ant or aux) so you can go to the tuner directly from any video input (1-6) but I haven't found one that can go direct to "ant" or to "aux" just to ant/aux.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: