JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Codes for Panasonic PV-DF-2704 & BenQ
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
hihostevo

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:45 pm    Post subject: Codes for Panasonic PV-DF-2704 & BenQ Reply with quote

Hello,

I am trying to program my remote for my new projector and a new combo TV .

I cannot find codes for either:

BenQ 8700+

or

Panasonic PV-DF-2704 TV/VHS/DVD combo unit

Thanks,

Steve
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the Code Search FAQ, linked in my sig, and provide all requested information.
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve had already emailed me about this, so I can add that all of his JP1 remotes are non-learning remotes. His JP1 remotes include the URC-6131, the old Replay remote and the R5k Replay remote.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to a ccf file for a Pronto here are the commands for the BenQ PE8700:

NEC1:141
OBC=000 EFC=181 On
OBC=002 EFC=183 Video
OBC=009 EFC=057 `Up_Arrow
OBC=010 EFC=055 C-Vid
OBC=025 EFC=249 menu
OBC=028 EFC=244 `Left_Arrow
OBC=029 EFC=248 `Down_Arrow
OBC=031 EFC=250 S-Vid
OBC=064 EFC=165 RGBHD
OBC=065 EFC=169 Active
OBC=067 EFC=171 Wide
OBC=068 EFC=164 `Up_Arrow
OBC=069 EFC=168 Off
OBC=070 EFC=166 4:3
OBC=071 EFC=170 Thru
OBC=072 EFC=037 `Right_Arrow
OBC=074 EFC=039 default
OBC=075 EFC=043 1
OBC=077 EFC=040 PIP
OBC=080 EFC=101 CP HD
OBC=081 EFC=105 enter
OBC=082 EFC=103 LB
OBC=083 EFC=107 `Down_Arrow
OBC=087 EFC=106 Minus
OBC=090 EFC=231 POP
OBC=092 EFC=228 exit
OBC=095 EFC=234 2
hihostevo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Jon................

Now if we can find the codes for that silly Panasonic Combo I can do some reading to figure out how to use all this cool stuff.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just checked the file section to see what codes the Panasonic VCR/DVD combo players use, and it appears that they use standard Panasonic VCR commands for the VCR portion and standard Panasonic DVD commands for the DVD portion. Therefore it seems logical that this would also be true of a TV/VCR/DVD combo.

If this is the case, you should be able to control the TV portion using TV/0250, the VCR portion with VCR/1162 and the DVD portion with DVD/0490.
hihostevo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, all I know is I input all of the codes listed for a Panasonic TV or VCR, or DVD and pushed the power on button and nothing happened.

You would have thought that one of the codes would have worked... but so far nothing.

I know that I did have to buy a special remote for this TV... it was a demo at the store and they had lost the original... being a demo it could have a problem also... I have noted that none of the remotes I have used has been able to access the "menu" function on the TV... although I can control everything else.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve,
Regarding the Panasonic, the POWER button is not the best button to use to test setup codes for combo units. Assuming that I am correct that this device uses a combination of the three setup codes I mentioned, there's no telling which setup code "owns" the POWER button. I would recommend that you turn the unit on, put a VHS tape and a DVD in it, then try the PLAY button when testing the VCR and DVD codes. When testing the TV code, try the VOLUME buttons.

Regarding the BenQ, I just checked the file section and there are already 2 upgrade files for BenQ projectors, did you try either of these: Benq_8700(2).txt and Benq_PB6100_projector.txt

Plus, I've just added another one which includes a few extra commands from Jon's list: BenQ_PE-8700_Projector.txt
hihostevo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes Rob, thanks I downloaded the BenQ files...

As I am trying to set up the Replay silver remote to just turn the silly TV on and off...

The Silver remote only has Replay and TV to select from, so if they want to control any other functions of the TV they will have to use the specific remote for the Panasonic. However most all of our normal TV viewing is done through the Replay unit... so all I want to do is turn the TV and Replay "ON" and then use the Replay section of the remote to control the program.

It is just annoying that I cannot find any codes that will just turn the silly TV on!

Ps. I tried the 0250 code (and the 1162 and 490)... that did not work either.

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know your end goal is to program the R5k remote, but just to give us an idea of what codes might control your TV combo unit, could you try the codes I mentioned using your URC-6131 remote please.

Just as a reminder, the codes are...
TV/0250
VCR/1162
DVD/0490
hihostevo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok,

However, I am out of town now and will have to work on them when I get back Saturday.

thanks,

Steve
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Sep 08, 2004 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By then your URC-8811 should have arrived, in which case you can cut right to the chase and learn the buttons from the Panasonic remote and decode them using IR.exe
bwade_913

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I know your end goal is to program the R5k remote, but just to give us an idea of what codes might control your TV combo unit, could you try the codes I mentioned using your URC-6131 remote please.

Just as a reminder, the codes are...
TV/0250
VCR/1162
DVD/0490

I also have a PV-DF2704 TV/VCR/DVD combo and have been able to find a solution. I'd appreciate comments from the experts on how I went about it since my understanding of the devices contained in the protocols is sketchy.

What I found is that the unit does indeed use TV/0250 and VCR/1162 codes but that a DVD code is not needed because all the transport commands used for the VCR device also work for the DVD. All that's missing is the DVD and TV/VCR buttons to select the device mode. The TV/VCR button does exist in VCR/1162 but it's not correct for this unit. The DVD button does not exist.

The VCR buttons all use the Panasonic 144:0 device, the TV/VCR button uses 144:5 and the DVD button uses 176:0. Not knowing where these latter two devices were available in existing devices, I created functionless upgrades to make these devices available and then added key moves to the new codes for the two missing keys in VCR mode. I used the Panasonic MIX Combo protocol to get 144:5 and the standard Panasonic protocol to get 176. This worked fine.

My question: Were the functionless upgrades the correct way to go, or were these devices already available in standard codes? Is there a reference for which codes contain specific devices? I tried using 144:5 in VCR/1162 codes assuming it also used the Panasonic MIX Combo protocol, but it didn't work.

Button Device OBC Hex EFC
DVD 176 255 00 018
TV/VCR 144:5 090 A5-E4 231

Thanks, and I hope my findings are helpful to somebody.
Bret
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2004 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Panasonic 176 is DVD/0490, so you could program a keymove using that setup code and eliminate one of your upgrades if you like.

There isn't a setup code that matches 144.5, so creating an upgrade for that one is the right way to go, if you just need to program that one button, but you don't need to use any of the combo protocols to do it, just can use the regular Panasonic protocol.
bwade_913

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2004 2:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Panasonic 176 is DVD/0490, so you could program a keymove using that setup code and eliminate one of your upgrades if you like.

There isn't a setup code that matches 144.5, so creating an upgrade for that one is the right way to go, if you just need to program that one button, but you don't need to use any of the combo protocols to do it, just can use the regular Panasonic protocol.

Thanks for the reply Rob. I'm starting to get it.

It turns out that the PV-DF2704 doesn't respond to the DVD/0490 codes, but does respond to the DVD/0677 codes, although only a few basic functions were working. Nothing that wasn't already working with the VCR/1162 codes.

I added the following menu navigation buttons and other stuff with key moves:

Button Device OBC Hex EFC
Left 128:0 78 8D 038
Up 128:0 74 AD 039
Right 128:0 79 0D 042
Down 128:0 75 2D 043
Select 128:0 73 6D 041
Menu 176:0 128 FE 189
Skip 144:0 248 E0 013
Back 144:0 64 FD 165
Eject 144:0 1 7F 185
PWR 144:0 61 43 024

This and the stuff I posted previously covers everything I needed to control the PV-DF2704.

Bret
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: