JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Problem with 6131 Volume Buttons

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cpumagicman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 3:19 pm    Post subject: Problem with 6131 Volume Buttons Reply with quote

I am having a strange problem that I can't seem to figure out. I just got my first JP1 remote (URC-6131) and programming cable (Thanks Rob), and I tried to set up my system last night, but I am having a problem with my receiver. I am trying to use the URC-6131 extender. I have a Rotel RSX-1065 receiver and there are no built in codes to support it (that I was able to find), so I tried to create an upgrade for it. I found an upgrade file for a Rotel RSX-1055 in the files section at yahoo, and proceeded to tweak it a little for my remote. I have been able to get most of the functions working fine, but the volume buttons don't work (The led does not even light up when they are pressed). I though that maybe I had the wrong codes, but I found a .ccf file, released by Rotel, and decoded it and found that my codes were right. I have since then tried the volume codes on the channel up and down buttons and they work fine when assigned to those buttons. I have a macro setup on the AUD button that calls the T_AUD, V_AUD, and O_AUD functions. I am not sure what to look at next, so I thought maybe someone here could point out what I am doing wrong.

Here is my IR file - Rotel_Volume_Problem

Thanks,
Brent
cpumagicman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 10:21 pm    Post subject: Update Reply with quote

Quick update. I have reset the remote and rebuilt the device file from scratch, and now I am getting slightly different symptoms. The remote lights up the led now when I press the vol up and vol down buttons, but the volume is not changing. I have tried to load this device on a non-extended remote and it works fine. Is this a timing issue? Any ideas?

Thanks,
Brent
cpumagicman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Yet another update Reply with quote

After further examination it appears that I can't get any volume to work if I use the extender. If I load a blank extender and setup the code for my TV (1100) I get no response from the vol up, vol down, or mute keys. However, if I load a blank non-extender file and setup my tv, then the remote works fine. What am I missing? Does anyone else use the extender on the URC-6131 and have working volume? I must be doing something wrong, but I can't figure out what it is. All of the other keys seem to work like I expect. Please help.

Brent
cpumagicman

PostPosted: Sat Sep 04, 2004 12:14 am    Post subject: Eureka!! Reply with quote

I feel kind of foolish after discovering what the problem was. Embarassed I kept reading about how the remote should blink four times after the extender is started. I didn’t remember ever seeing this, so I started reading all of the docs that came with the extender. I had never installed the extender. I was just selecting the extender from the “new” menu in IR. After following the install docs everything appears to be working. I will now stop answering my own posts. Wink

Thanks,
Brent
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: