JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RMIR and URC-8206 wrong button layout?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Atlantis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject: RMIR and URC-8206 wrong button layout? Reply with quote

I have two URC-8206. On the first i have done settings with code and with ir learning. With RMIR i can make a copy from the first URC-8206 to the second with no problem. All keys have the correct function.
Then i made from a device upgrade with learned signals a new VCR device. I cleared the second URC-8206 and loaded the new device. Now some buttons were not on the correct place. When i press the fast forward button i got the play function. On the play button there ist now the function fast forward. On the record button is the fast rewind function an so on. But some button have the correct function like the numbers keys.
In the Device Upgrade Editor there are all buttons correct assigned.
Then i cleared the second URC-8206 again and set only the general setup code 0000 for the CD. There is the same mistake about the button layout as mentioned above.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried doing a 981 style reset on the remote and then re-programming?
Atlantis

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before my first posting i have done the 980 reset as described in my manual. The 981 i don't know. There is nothing in the manual of the URC-8206 about. So i tried it out yet. The behavior is the same.
But now i came to a resolution. If i load new programming from RMIR to the fresh reseted URC-8206 it don't work. But if i reset the URC-8206 and make first a download with RMIR i can edit this file and its working correctly.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2019 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 980 style reset only deletes user programming, the 981 reset is supposed to restore everything. The instructions vary by remote, most are listed here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php/Master_Reset_Instructions

However, if you have found that your old RMIR file causes the problem, and your new one doesn't, could you zip both files together and load them up here for us to look at please.

Please load to the Diagnosis Area then post a link to the file here.
Atlantis

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2019 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have uploaded the two Files in one ZIP archive at the Diagnosis Area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25648
I only made the test with the CD device.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like the "wrong" version was created as a new image in RMIR, not from a copy of a different remote like you said. You should never do that. Always start with a downloaded image. Further analysis would be a waste of time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: