JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Find a code for a non-programmable remote?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lenroc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:48 pm    Post subject: Find a code for a non-programmable remote? Reply with quote

Hi,

This may be a silly question, so that's why I'm posting it in the beginner's area Embarassed

My neighbor has a CheckMate III Model RT-U43C Universal Remote from the cable company. It controller her old TV, but that TV just broke so she bought a non-name-brand TV from Walmart for $100.

The TV is a "Sansui" brand.

The remote does not have a code listed for Sansui brand TVs, and I tried the code search function of the remote with no success. However, it's possible I gave up too early because my thumb got tired of holding the Chan Up button...

Is there a way to look at captured signals from the Sansui remote to see if the CheckMate remote has a code that will work for it?

I have captured the Channel Up, Channel Down, and Power buttons from the TV remote to my RS 15-2117, and looked at the signals in IR. The listed Protocol is "NEC2", the device is 134, the Sub-Device is 5. I have also upload my IR.exe dump to the Yahoo Diagnosis Area (as TryingToFindACodeForSansui.txt).

The only thing I don't know how to do now is to find out what codes to try on the CheckMate remote to see if they control the TV. Is there any way to do this?

She'd rather not have to buy a new remote, by the way...

If it helps, I found a few links that have a little bit of info about the remote. If necessary, I have a single sheet (folded) manual, I could scan...

http://www.twcinci.com/Support/remotes/select_device.asp?remote=CheckMate+III

http://www.accesstimewarner.com/support/cable/remotesetupcodes/checkmate3.cfm

Any help would be appreciated! Wink
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The protocol and device is UEIC TV_0463 for Broksonic, Emerson, Orion, Philco, Sansui, White Westinghouse. Why not try the setup codes listed for her remote for those brands.

It warms my heart to see people so neighborly Wink
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try Admiral, Gerrard, Orion and Zenith codes
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:
The protocol and device is UEIC TV_0463 for Broksonic, Emerson, Orion, Philco, Sansui, White Westinghouse. Why not try the setup codes listed for her remote for those brands.

It warms my heart to see people so neighborly Wink

Jon, I think we came to the same conclusion on the 463 code so I believe that is the right direction.
Lenroc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions, I will try them.
jamesgammel
Exile Island Resident

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 8:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Find a code for a non-programmable remote? Reply with quote

Lenroc wrote:
Hi,

that TV just broke so she bought a non-name-brand TV from Walmart for $100.

The TV is a "Sansui" brand.

I'm sure it likely isn't the same "Sansui" outfit I'm familiar with, But back in the 70's and 80's Sansui was a highly respected and regarded electronics gear outfit. Even to this day a tuner they made is the "reference" to which other tuners are compared. I still use a few of these old-timers, and seek out some others on the used, ebay market.

Jim
Lenroc

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils&Jon:
The codes listed for (all of) the brands you recommended I try did not work.

I appreciate the help though...

She went out to buy a universal remote from Wal-Mart... I guess she decided spending a little bit of money was worth being able to control the volume of her TV & change channels on her cable box from the same remote...

James:
From what I can find (http://www.sansui-india.com), it wouldn't be too surprising to find that Sansui is responsible for some good equipment. I made a quick guess that they were a value brand based on the price of the TV & the fact that I had never heard of them... Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: