JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Device Specific Macro for URC-7800 C7
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
aclinml

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:06 am    Post subject: Device Specific Macro for URC-7800 C7 Reply with quote

I'm running the second extender in my URC-7800 Cinema 7, and was wondering if I have the ability to use a Device Specific Macro (DSM) in it. Is this possible in the C7? If so, what do I need?

Thanks,
Mike
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You'll find what you need on the special-protocols.zip spreadsheet.
aclinml

PostPosted: Tue Sep 21, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Different PCs Reply with quote

I'll ask a new question on using DSM tomorrow at work. I set one up, but when I hit the 'key move' key, the remote goes into a loop. The red light stays on hard until I remove the battery.

Heck, I'll go ahead and ask it here....

I put a macro on the SHIFT-UP key. Next, did a key move on the SURROUND key (in TV mode) using the TV-1103 code, and it gave me the hex command for shift-up as $B1.

Everything goes into IR ok, and when I push the SURROUND button when in other device modes, it does nothing (as it should) but when I go into TV mode and press the surround button, it goes into a hard loop.

Any ideas???? Reminder, I'm using a URC-7800 C7 with extender 2 loaded.

Thanks,
Mike
pgk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you've given enough information, does the macro on shift-up work on it's own? A loop within the Macro would seem to be the most likely source of the problem you describe.

If it does work on it's own then you could try chaning the DSM command to something simple you know works and is obvious that it has worked (e.g. Mute). Trying that would eliminate the DSM as being the problem.

If that still doesn't get to the bottom of it, I would post your .IR file to the diagnosis area and post a link to it here (after reading the Sticky on posting Yahoo links of course.)
aclinml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:38 am    Post subject: DSM spreadsheet Reply with quote

Great ideas, PGK. When I get home from work, I'll try both those ideas.

Mike
aclinml

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2004 9:31 pm    Post subject: Can't figure out Reply with quote

Well, I created a simple macro on the shift-Display button, that does a mute on the TV. I tested the macro itself, and it does work. Next I create the keymove in DVD mode on the MACRO button with the DSM. It defines it fine, but when I hit the MACRO button, the red light comes on hard.

I don't see how it could be a loop in the macro itself. I have loaded the config txt file to the dianosis area here;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Mike_DSM.txt

Any help is appreciated.
Mike
pgk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 2:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

The IR file helped. The problem is that although you have setup the DSM device TV/1103 you haven't setup the protocol which it refers to ($1FC) (Or at least if you have it's not showing in the Protocols tab)

You need to copy the "Protocol Upgrade" section from the Special-Protocols spreadsheet and paste it into the Add dialog from the protocols tab in IR.

Hope this helps,
Paul.

Edit: I notice that the $180 protocol has a note saying it's the DSM protocol, whereas it looks to me like it's the protocol to start the extender, so don't delete it!
aclinml

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Protocol missing Reply with quote

I think you might have nailed this, PGK. I sure thought I remembered cutting and pasting twice from the spreadsheet, but it sure looks like I missed the protocol.

I'll try again tonight after work, and update you with a status.

Many thanks,
Mike
aclinml

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2004 9:08 pm    Post subject: Another try with DSM Reply with quote

OK. I got around the LOOP problem by copying in the protocol and device settings from the worksheek. Now, once I have set it up again, and tested the macro by itself, it works. When I hit the key-move key, the red light lights up VERY dimmy and very short, almost like the power was cut off right when it started to light the bulb.

The HEX code the spreadsheet generated and the HEX code that the ADD KEYMOVE generated were identical.

Again, this is over my head.

I've put another copy of my config in the diagnosis area here;

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Mike_DSM#2.txt

Mike
pgk

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2004 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mike,

I took another look at your file and nothing obvious (to me) seems wrong, the only thing I can think is that the DSM protocol is not totally compatible with the 2nd extender, but this is outside of my knowledge so hopefully someone else will take a look and give you some pointers.

Good luck,
Paul.
Ellen

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2004 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the DSM doesn't work with the 7800.

scott191925 wrote:
It doesn't work with any keys. There have been quite a few posts indicating that the DSM protocol doesn't work with the URC-7800. All you get is a very weak attempt from the LED at a flash.

SelNestMac7800 located in the special protocols folder isn't quite as easy to set up, but it works and it is pretty well documented. Note that the keycodes in .asm are _2L=3A and DiscreteOn=3A . If you use both of these phantoms together _2L= needs to be changed to _2L=30. You can also add the additional phantoms as you did with the .rdf

See the complete discussion starting with this post in the Yahoo group archives.
pgk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Ellen, that probably clears up Mike's problem.

Based on the post there suggesting the use of SelNextMac7800, I've created an alternate DSM for 7800 extender (can easily be changed to non extender by changing one instruciton) based on the code for that. I haven't got a 7800 so if someone wants to try it and let me know then that'd be good, if it works I'll upload the PB file to yahoo. Like the spreadsheet version it only allows a single hex code in the keymove, which should then refer to the full macro on a phantom (or whatever)

You still need the device upgrade from the spreadsheet, but try replacing the $01FC protocol with:

Upgrade protocol 0 = 01 FC (S3C8+) DSM 7800 (PB v3.10)
00 00 01 08 61 0A 08 A6 62 00 EB 0D E6 62 01 18
03 97 10 63 09 61 E4 02 78 AF
End

Paul

Last edited by pgk on Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:10 am; edited 1 time in total
Ellen

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a 7800 but don't currently have the extender loaded. If you tell me what instruction to change for non-extended remote, I'll give it a test some time today.
pgk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Removed protocol for unextended remote since it won't work.

Paul

Last edited by pgk on Sun Sep 26, 2004 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total
pgk

PostPosted: Sun Sep 26, 2004 6:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited both the above protocols since I noticed a discrepancy.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: