JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC 8811B00 rejects learning code 975?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
glentaylor1031

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 8:58 pm    Post subject: URC 8811B00 rejects learning code 975? Reply with quote

Recently acquired a new 8811. Have successfully built a JP1 interface and have programmed my devices including the unlisted Sony DAV S500 DVD/Home Theatre system that wasn't listed.

Then... I tried my first learning key assignment. However the 8811 seems to be rejecting the 975 code. I get one long led flash instead of two short ones. Any ideas?

Glen T.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2003 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote is programmed to reject the 975 function if there isn't an EEPROM installed. This obviously isn't the case with the 8811, so my best guess is that the EEPROM has become corrupted and is being rejected by the remote.

I would suggest that you do a 981 reset. This will erase all programming in the remote, but it will also restore the EEPROM to the factory defaults. Once you have done the 981, I would expect that the 975 command will be accepted.

This obviously begs the question, how did the EEPROM become corrupted? Are you sure your JP1 cable is working properly?

You should have backups of your current configuration, so you can restore them.
glentaylor1031

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. I'll give this a try. Is it necessary to power off the PC before plugging and unplugging the JP1 cable? I haven't been doing this, but I have been removing the batteries from the remote. The com test has been saying that the interface is working correctly (simple interface).

Glen T.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2003 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

glentaylor1031 wrote:
Is it necessary to power off the PC before plugging and unplugging the JP1 cable?

No that shouldn't be necessary. To be safe, don't connect the remote until it's connected to the PC.
glentaylor1031

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 9:57 am    Post subject: Can't reset 8811? Reply with quote

What is the exact key sequence for using the reset 981 code? It appears as though the reset codes that I have tried (981, 992) are being rejected the same way that the learning code (975) was. I continue to be able to use the remote, and the JP1 interface seems to work.

Glen T.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Press and hold SET key, wait for two flashes
2. Type 981, four flashes
glentaylor1031

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah... I've got a problem. I get the same result as in the learning mode - one long flash instead of four short flashes.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since you want to reset the remote, I'll assume you've saved the current configuration by downloading to IR and saving the file.

Try this... remove the batteries and then press the power button for a couple of seconds. This should drain any residual power in the remote. Next, re-insert the batteries (you might want to try a fresh set). As soon as you do, the LED should flash twice, and then twice again as the remote resets itself.

If you get the 2 sets of double flashes, try the 981 command again to see if that works. If so, try the 975 learning command an see what kind of results you get.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, let's take this a stage further, when the batteries are out, short the terminals together.

When you put the batteries back in, you should get 2 sets of 2 flashes, like mark described, this would tell you that both the processor and the EEPROM are working. If you get 2 short flashes followed by one long flash, this means the processor is OK but the EEPROM is not (and the 981 should fix this). If you just get one long flash when you put the batteries back in, I have no clue what's wrong with the remote and I'd suggest returning it.

If you're beyond the time when you can return the remote, you could send it to me and I'll take a look at it but I make no promises that I'll be able to fix it.
glentaylor1031

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2003 11:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi guys. Thought I would post a quick note to say that shorting out the terminals seemed to have made some progress. Doing a 981 reset now results in two groups of two flashes. I tried a preliminary learning key and got the requiste pattern flashes, so looks like we are back in business. Thanks for the advice.

By the way, this remote is only a couple of days out of the package, and the batteries were brand new too.

Will now reprogram with the JP1 and carry with the learning functions. Thanks again.

Glen T.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: