JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yamaha cinemastation dvd home theater sound system w 15-2116

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
reycorrales

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 12:35 pm    Post subject: Yamaha cinemastation dvd home theater sound system w 15-2116 Reply with quote

hi there, could anyone help me with any codes or assistance...

the home theater half is DVX-S120

the dvd player half is DVR-S120

my remote is a Radio Shack 15-2116

thanks in advance for all who can help!
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2004 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

please read my sig
reycorrales

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 6:33 pm    Post subject: yamaha cinemastation w/ 15-2116 Reply with quote

hi there,

sorry for not being more specific, i am barely beginning to learn km, rm and ir through tutorials...here is the exact issue(and yes i have a jp1 parallel cable):

my 15-2116 cannot recognize any of the yamaha codes i have tried to pull from the RS manual. the yamaha ht receiver has a dvd code and ht receiver code supposedly, but i cannot find the code to power the sob on and off, which would also then allow me to learn the rest of the codes and go from there...am i going about it the right way? i also have a pansat 2500a receiver which i was lucky enough to find the rdf file to program in my 15-2116...i also have a mitsubishi ws-55413 which i was able to find the main code and then i "learned' the rest of the codes into my remote.

thanks in advance for any help...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's totally irrelevant whether there's a built in code in your remote to work any of your devices. There's no need to find the right code before you start learning.

Please read the "JP1 - How Easy Is It" link in my sig
reycorrales

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 8:24 pm    Post subject: nothing told me that Reply with quote

sorry, but im reading the jp1 for begineers tutorial and it gives all these examples, but im still having difficultly...could you tell me how to go about doing it on my remote, if its not too much to ask from a newb? then it would help me with all my other units and i can post dumps for them...thanks
reycorrales

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 9:41 am    Post subject: i read your tuorial Reply with quote

sorry, i posted this as a new post earlier...sorry for the repeat:

hi rob...i read your tutorial, and i practically read the same thing from others...im at #6 -"how do you create a device from scratch", and here's now my problem:

my 15-2116 will not learn any codes whatsoever from my yamaha cinemastation remote...i only get "error" on my lcd on every buttton. in your tutorial you used some vcr code for an example, and unfortunately i wasnt so lucky to get manufacturer code to be able to as mucha s power the thing on/off...any suggestions? maybe im reading/understanding this all wrong! thanks for your patience
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 10:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

see my reply to your other thread, which I have moved to the Beginners forum
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2004 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another course of action that you can follow when you either don't have a learning remote, or you are unable to get the learning process to work, is to check the file section at Remote Central to see if there's a CCF file present for your device (or a similar model). I looked there and found a file for the Yamaha DVX-S100.

When you find such a file, you should run it against the DecodeCCF program, which will give you all the info you need to create an upgrade for the device.

I did this and have created two upgrade files, one for the receiver side and another for the DVD side:

Yamaha_DVX-S100_Home_Theater.txt
Yamaha_DVX-S100_Home_Theater_DVD.txt

The "OK" button comes from device code 122 which equates to audio/0176, EFC 252 (which just happens to be assigned to the DOWN ARROW button in this setup code).
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: