JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking for codes fo Epson S1 ( S1+) projector

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lifeisfun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:14 am    Post subject: Looking for codes fo Epson S1 ( S1+) projector Reply with quote

Can you help me to find them ?

Thanks
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you read this?
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 6:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. Projector manufacturer's frequently will provide information on their IR commands. This will take some diligence on your part to keep at them until you get an answer. Since many projectors also have RS-232 control that is NOT what you are looking for.

There is little information in the normal IR command libraries about Epson projectors. I have four in my file of Epson Projectors and at least three out of four use completely different command sets.

I had to search your other posts from your profile to find out that you have an 8910 and a JP1 cable on order.

2.Learn all the commands for this projector from the OEM remote. When you receive your JP1 cable then save the file in IR, read the sticky post on how to post links and provide the link. If IR decodes the commands into Protocol/device/OBC, then you can create your own upgrade. If it doesn't then one of us, will see if they can decode the IR commands and create a protocol/device upgrade.

Hopefully, by that time you will have gotten some cryptic information from Epson, that combined with looking at the learned commands, will allow one of the experts to tell if there are any other commands not on the OEM remote, like discrete power and inputs.

If you OEM remote already has those commands, skip step 1.
lifeisfun

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sure did but didn't find any info on my S1 Crying or Very sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2004 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lifeisfun,
We've been through this before. When you post a code request here, there's certain bits of information you are REQUIRED to supply before we will answer your questions. This is all spelled out in the #1 Code Search FAQ thread. We should NOT be required to search through all your other posts to find the answers to these questions.
lifeisfun

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 6:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for reply !
I should also say that I don't have working original remote Sad
( Dog took care of that ....)
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Then your FIRST post here should read...

I'm using a One For All URC-8811 remote and would like to program it to work an Epson S1 ( S1+) projector. I don't have the original remote, so I can't use larning and I've already checked the Pronto file section over at Remote Central and there's nothing there. Can anyone help?
johnsfine
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is Pronto Hex for three models of Epson here
http://ir.premisesystems.com/search.aspx?m=EPSON

All are the same: NEC1 protocol, device 131, subdevice 85.

That in turn matches lots of more common projectors, such as the JVC LXD5000 and the Infocus TVT6000.

I haven't yet checked whether there is a UEI setup code, JP1 upgrade or CCF files for NEC1:131.85

I can't be sure your Epson uses the same IR signals as those other Epsons, but it seems clear that your Epson would be some model that is sold under several different brand names. There are only a few code sets for projector models that are sold under several brand names and it wouldn't be too hard to try each of them.
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2004 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is also a ccf file home for the TW100 (cinema.ccf) that uses NEC1:135.85 but uses OBC 194 for the power toggle where the three at Premise Systems site use OBC 144. There is also a quad protocol that I haven't really decoded that is in the other ccf file for the EMP710 at RC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: