JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The rdf dosen't work for OneForAll URC-9960B01
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you mean the RDF, you don't need to change it, the URC-9960B01 RDF will work fine with your remote, the problem is that IR isn't reading your EEPROM correctly. As you can see from the old posts in this thread, this has happened before and I thought it was fixed, but obviously UEI has used a different EEPROM in the URC-9966 than what has been used previously. So, the modification that's required is to the IR.exe program itself, and unfortunately, the author doesn't hang out here much anymore so I don't know what we can do to fix it.

IIRC, he did tell me that even when IR doesn't read the EEPROM correctly, it should still write to it OK. So you could try using the File > New > Select option and select the URC-9960B01 remote, then try loading it into the remote to see if it takes OK. This would let you add upgrades and do other programming using IR, bt you still wouldn't be able to download from the remote successfully, not without first un-wrapping the data, that is.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you confirm that, when you are doing a download using IR.exe, you have the "Force >=4k" option selected. If you haven't had this option selected, could you re-try with it selected.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: