JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

The rdf dosen't work for OneForAll URC-9960B01
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 2:40 am    Post subject: The rdf dosen't work for OneForAll URC-9960B01 Reply with quote

Hi all,

I have some problems on using IR.exe for URC9960B01. Any one can help me?

I have use IR 507 and 509 with rdf: "KASAKAS0 (URC-9960 B01 One For All Kameleon).rdf" for downloading codes from and uploading codes to One Foe All URC9960B01 Remote, but it doesn't work.

When I press "download from remote" button in IR.exe, the below warning message displays:
"No data found in signature. This indicates that the interface isn't working property (unless you have manually cleared the signature bytes, in which case it's normal). Do you want to cancel the operation?"
When I press "yes" button to cancel it, another message displays: "Operation canceled. No data found in signature."
But when I press "No" on the cancel the operation message, it will let me to select rdf. And I select the same rdf file, "KASAKAS0 (URC-9960 B01 One For All Kameleon).rdf". And new warning message will be displayed, "Bad checksum at address $0000. Expected $9E $61, but found $00 $00".
And when I press "OK", another warning message will be displayed,"Dev Type 15 4095 is not currently assigned to a device button. Would you like to assign it now? (If not, the Key Move associated with the "Shift-Key127" button will be ignored.)
When I press "Yes", IR message will be displayed,"A device type of 15 is not defined for the current remote." But When I press "No", the message will be displayed again.

Thanks.

Cavourahpong
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Instead of selecting an RDF, go ahead and just download the data, then go to the Raw Data tab in IR and I expect you will find that it's all zeroes (hence, the "no sig" and "bad checksum" messages).

So, the question is, why are you getting all zeroes? This is either a problem with your remote or your interface.
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2004 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This sounds somewhat familiar. I think I had this happen to me once, with a different remote. Try a full reset, 981 style. I think the right way for the 9960 is:
SETUP (long press until another screen appears)
OTHER
(two or four blinks)
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have used IR5.9 and IR5.10 with RDFs_for_IR_and_RM_Version_1.17 (URC-9960 B01 One For All Kameleon) for download codes from URC9960B01 remote, but it doesn't work. And the Raw data is not all "00".
And there is an IR message alret, "List index out of bounds (-1)". Besides, In the General tab-panel of IR application, all device type lettler boxs show "Error", and code = 2047.
In addition, The marco bar shows some memory is used in the General page of IR application. But I haven't used marco function on my remote, and I have reset the remote before using IR application for downloading the codes.

I do want to know what the happen?

Cavourahpong
jherrick
JP1 Vendor

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you did the reset, which one did you do? There are multiple resets, as seen here: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/mboard/rc-one4all/thread.cgi?keywords=3880&highlight=reset|9960|981 and if you only did the 980 or 977 you may not have cleared to factory settings.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't select an RDF during the download process, then save the IR file and post it in the Diagnosis Area.
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have reset it, and try again.
But there is an alert message, "Dev Type 15 4095 is not currently assigned to a device button. Would you like to assign it now? (If not, the Key Move associated with the "Shift-Key127" button will be ignored.)"
When I press "Yes", IR message will be displayed,"A device type of 15 is not defined for the current remote."

What can I do now?

Regards,
Cavourahpong
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This tells me that IR still has the old RDF loaded. Go to File > New > Select, then select any remote you like (except the URC-9960), then do a fresh download from your remote, click OK if IR tells you that there's no RDF for this remote, and save the file. Then post it for us to look at.

I suspect that you have one of the new versions of the URC-9960 and our tools don't support this remote yet.
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have uploaded the file to http://f6.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/sIsZQVNZmkeXyFVwn1ebbumTT3ODSA8Q-fTjZnY3LNo1qAUikhUENv2FXHRYohLg-DpA9utyk6KK5lf0JtikeJxSippXlaOzFK4/Diagnosis%20Area/URC9960B01.zip

I downloaded the codes from my remote, URC9960B01 with select remote "Anthem (OEM46EMO) in the IR application

Thanks
Cavourahpong
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

please read my sig
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 4:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I have use Ayre(Catalyst48) rdf, and saved in the Files > Diagnosis Area.

File name is IR2.zip;
Description: "problem on downlaod codes from URC9960B01"

Thanks
Cavourahpong
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

specifically, please read the 2nd item in my sig about posting links, then go back and fix the link in your previous post.
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 16, 2004 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/Ir2.zip

Description: "problem on downlaod codes from URC9960B01"

Thanks
Cavourahpong
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Mon Aug 23, 2004 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi all,

How can my problem solved?

Regards,
Cavourahpong
cavourahpong

PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2004 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Besides, using JP1 or wave
How can I download my learning keys and upload the arranged code?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: